and......Service complete

jumping350

Just spent since 7.30 this morning doing my own winter check and servicing the car..new oil,filter,coolant,air filter..the belts (AC and other one)....discovered why my heating isnt working...dodgy rad cap...a must check for those that are experiencing heating problems!!

Any one have any rad cap reccomedations??

Oil was awful and black everything else looked in good nick my mate helped me and was shocked what a good example of an import it was (except the scratched bonnet and dented door :lol: )

It wasnt as hard as i imagined i printed all the guides off here and could say only hard bit was finding all the bolts i put down from the undertray

At least im not lining Nissans or random garages pockets with my hard earned cash anymore :thumbs:

:thumbs: good work fella - my dad did mine, with me helping out, certainly think I can do a lot more service wise with the car now. In fact for the low cost/time will probably do a mini service inbetween the annual ones - no harm in keeping on top of things :)

yeah that undertray was doing my head in when you think right thats it...oh another bolt :lol:

I can see why people dont do their own cos it does get messy and painful and is cold and if not great with engines is very confusing but for anyone with basic knowledge (which most have on here) its at least a £100 saving i reckon. Do it in the summer though :lol:

I always did my own servicing on old cars but didnt take the chance first time round with the zed as didnt know it to well but after this forum and lots of reading Nissan can bog off with there P3 :teeth:

yeah that undertray was doing my head in when you think right thats it...oh another bolt :lol:

I can see why people dont do their own cos it does get messy and painful and is cold and if not great with engines is very confusing but for anyone with basic knowledge (which most have on here) its at least a £100 saving i reckon. Do it in the summer though :lol:

I always did my own servicing on old cars but didnt take the chance first time round with the zed as didnt know it to well but after this forum and lots of reading Nissan can bog off with there P3 :teeth:

Definately! I did a P1 on mine a few weeks back and expect to be doing the P2 next just after Christmas, so not ideal timing to be under a car in the snow & cold.

good work! can use that money for xmas shopping now haha :thumbs::thumbs:

only thing is, if your not getting the car up in the air, how are you checking the suspension for play, ball joints, droplinks etc.

unless you just wait for it to be picked up during MOT time and get it all fixed up then!

definetly good to save yourself some cash, just cant really give it a thorough check on a drive, unless you have 4 jacks, then i stand corrected lol! :boat:

had the m.o.t done in november and no signs of any wear so all good :thumbs:

my other mate has a garage so when ever i think theres something wrong it goes up on the ramp but no what you mean about not having full access ive been looking at alternatives to four ramps lol hopefully i will construct something in the new year so i can get the whole zed up in the air without too much fuss

well if you get 4 axle stands, you can just go around jack it up, put axle stand under, then do the other 3 points, it will only be about 1ft off the ground but its better than nothing!

it is just easier when checking for leaks or wear etc!

plus im really fussy with mine i like to be able to see everything even if i dont need to i will have to check it!