Stereo looses sound when starting engine !

agentsmith350

Unfortunately it may be your head unit at fault, what type make is it?

One of these Meos Chinese branded items :blush:

Only thing i can thing of is that somehow the amp wire on the headunit is not sending a signal after a reboot , so if i wired the amp wire on the ICT adapter to the ignition live it should sort it out right , if not it shows the head unit is ok and its something else ?

How did you connect the perm live to ign live, did you connect the red to the yellow wire. If you did and it worked perfect then it would suggest the live feed is enough and a fault with the ign or headunit.

Yep , Like i say the multimeter showed a drop on the ignition live as the engine cranked but this is normal. For some reason when the headunit gets this blip of power and reboots the sound cuts off , no fault as such with the ign power since this is normal ( even bose system rebooted ) and cant see why the head-unit/amp wouldn't switch back on after this.

As far as i can see my options are :

Leave as is wired to perm live and hope it dosnt damage the battery

Wire a switch to the ign wire going to the perm live

and maybe the best - Wire the ICT's amp wire to the ignition live ?

Mate I am not knocking you for doing things yourself but maybe time to take it to a pro, try and find a mobile one with a good rep. They will have it sorted in no time or confirm that the HU is faulty.

Sometimes you have to know when your talent has reached its apex.

I fitted my own HU 2 years back, it worked but i had alternator whine and i fitted my boosters wrong :blush: took it to an ICE place to have some speakers fitted and got them to sort it out.

I think the fact you got a Chinese unit has rendered a lot of help from here useless as it sounds a bit 'unique' for want of a better word....

I know what your saying guys , Its annoying though when neither me , this and a car audio forum , and a whole electrical dept at work cant see whats going wrong lol ! Iv wired in numerous radios and subs ect to a few different cars and didnt think this would break me :lol:

Think il just live with it always being on to be honest , im 90% sure its a problem with the head unit , i could prove this myself by wiring in my old alpine x305 or connecting the amp wire on the harness to the ignition live but to be honest iv lost the intrest in it after all this carry on . Il put up with it for now and get in touch with the seller for a refund. I can always get a JVC KW-AVX840 for £300ish after christmas and if i still have problems wire in a switch between the headunits ignition live and perm , At least it will look pretty cool next to the heater buttons :lol:

My HU also reboots when I turn from acc to crank, but then comes back.

Maybe it is your HU, only thing good out of china these days is Apple stuff and Dim Sum.

I have a Pioneer, same as Daves previous one

Im looking at branded double din's now , and have asked about returning this one.

As long as its a full 7" screen , ipod , bluetooth and SD card im happy