can this fit on the front?

flamez

Good question. Ive got 10J ET -40ish on the front of mine, only just clears Brembo's but needs large arch extensions.

10J ET -18 is what the wheel itself is and we thought we could fit it with a little arch work, but it wasnt anywhere near clearing a Brembo. My calculator tells me you would have 26mm more inner clearance, so it would very tight on the brakes, and 24mm less on the outside so its going to be tight again ........ my advice would be a trial fit, its too close to guess IMO. :)

so are are you sayiing i'll need to get arch work? as i dont really wanna modify the car at all tbh.

They havn't got any tyres on at the moment. rears are 10.5j offset unknown but im guessing around +20ish. so the fronts will stick out more than the rears. will this mess up handling?

385837_10150937405210554_607780553_21523592_893733687_n.jpg

docwra, according to my calculator 10j -18 extends the same as 8j -43.

Like I said, its going to need work, I know that from trying to test fit my 10J's - they looked almost perfect with a bit of a flare. The more I think about it thought the more I think brake clearance is going to be the major issue, it was with mine :dry:

Whether its possible or not I wouldnt like to say, Id personally be looking elsewhere TBH, get something that fits better in the first place. Like these:

21102010165.jpg

He is asking £1450, TBH Id still hold out for 19's but if you want crazy ass VIP rims these are probably your best bet atm. :)

-43?!!? are you positive you've read that right? (pun intended)

i can't imagine a car which would ever want an offset that low on a relatively low width - maybe some monster 11" rims would have an offset that low, and then some major arch work.

that wheel would stick out 73mm more than a standard 8" wheel :wacko:

would those vienna's fit? they look wider than mine.

They came off a widebody 350z that was running spacers in the front and even wider spacers on the rear. The wheel width is actually pretty sensible, especially when it comes to getting tyres on without having to resort to stretch or crazy tyre sizes etc.

I was thinking maybe 18's front, 19's back, if i cant source any more 19's for now?

i definately want 19's on if possible, so if i cant fit the -43's on the front or back, then i might just sell them and try and source a more conservative offset for the front, because i dont really wanna mess with the arches.

i can't imagine a car which would ever want an offset that low on a relatively low width - maybe some monster 11" rims would have an offset that low, and then some major arch work.

newzed.jpg

18x10 ET -43 front, 19x11.5 ET -15 rear. TBF it only looks like that because the wheels wouldnt clear the brakes, but its certainly different ;)

Its unusual to have an 8/9J with a high negative offset but it does happen, I know a lot of AE86 Corollas running negative double figure offsets on 7/8J's. 8 -43 is including the spacer as well remember, the wheel is 8 -18 ;)