Headlights 2006 facelift car

rickoshay

Warning! I am not technically minded- I just like to drive good cars!

My existing headlight units are looking a bit tired- crazed surface and a few chips.

Someone suggested claying but I am not sure this will work.

So I am considering new ones.

I assume my lights are HID as its a 2006 GT facelift car.

The Nissan units seem very expensive, although I could get some from a scrap dealer.

Anyone know of a cheaper option?

Ebay has a seller in USA ( see post on led tail lights ) for £200 + £28 duty paid, but these are for non-HID cars.

I am not sure whether they would fit my car even with some modification ( no idea what the mod would consist of! ).

Any advice appreciated!

If you want to sell you old lights il take them.

If I was you get some 1200 1500 2000 2500 3000 grit wet and dry. Soak them in warm water with liquid soap. Start with 1200 until the surface is foggy then 1500 and so on.You will get a plastic burning smell if your doing it right.

Then if you have a rotary or da use something like merz po85.rd then power gloss or you could use s500 and work it for a long time. :thumbs:

Warning! I am not technically minded- I just like to drive good cars!

My existing headlight units are looking a bit tired- crazed surface and a few chips.

Someone suggested claying but I am not sure this will work.

So I am considering new ones.

I assume my lights are HID as its a 2006 GT facelift car.

The Nissan units seem very expensive, although I could get some from a scrap dealer.

Anyone know of a cheaper option?

Ebay has a seller in USA ( see post on led tail lights ) for £200 + £28 duty paid, but these are for non-HID cars.

I am not sure whether they would fit my car even with some modification ( no idea what the mod would consist of! ).

Any advice appreciated!

Yeah they'll fit, but unless they are for RHD cars then they'll be illegal as the beams will point in the wrong direction. Nissan facelift headlights are mega expensive(from Nissan). They do come up for sale here now and again though. BTW, I once used jewellers rouge to clean up a badly scratched headlight many years ago :lol:

Pete