highlighting posts....

stuey

how do you highlight the less recent post that is in thread to respond to.......... ie the ones wiv the boxes round them..... :blush:..... also wen posting a pic how do you get it on as a full pic as opposed to a thumbnail........ :blush:

To post full size pics , you will have to sort out a photobucket account or similar.(like I've been telling you for 3 days :p )

I think the highlight question you mention you mean the quote button hit it to quote the the previos post :thumbs:

how do you highlight the less recent post that is in thread to respond to.......... ie the ones wiv the boxes round them..... :blush:..... also wen posting a pic how do you get it on as a full pic as opposed to a thumbnail........ :blush:

To post full size pics , you will have to sort out a photobucket account or similar.(like I've been telling you for 3 days :p )

I think the highlight question you mention you mean the quote button hit it to quote the the previos post :thumbs:

wot like that............ you lot must think im a right donut.... :blush:

Hi Stuey.

I think your first point is referring to quoting. The quote button should be somwhere up here ^

For example if I wanted to highlight a post you had made and reply to it, I would click the quote button next to your post. Try it with this one... See the "quote" button above my post - this one: icon_quote.gif

If you click that it will take you to a reply box (just the same as if you had clicked "post reply) but it will already have my post within

and [/quote ][/b] tags.

Give it a try in this thread, see how you get on.

In relation to your second point, full size pics can be posted, but if you attach them like you have done before, it will create thumbnails. In order to post them full size you can either put the image on a free photobucket site (or similar) and link to the image there, or you can create your own gallery on this site (click the link to the gallery in the menu at the top of the page), and link to the pictures there.

The reason we have the site create thumbnails is for a couple of reasons. First, if people post huge pictures (in physical size) then they end up stretching the forum making scroll bars appear at the bottom to scroll left and right - very annoying if you are just trying to read the text and you have to keep going from left to right and back again.

Also, if they are large in size in terms of disk space, then every time someone opens the topic for the first time, it transfers the whole file across the internet to them, whether they want it or not. So people viewing the thread on dialup connections are going to be waiting ages while all the pictures load. Using thumbnails lets the page load quicker, and then they can choose to open the full size pics if they want to.

Some people may have a limited amount of bandwidth each month - if someone posts 10 500kb pictures, thats 5mb in one thread. It soon adds up.

Also, we only have a finite amount of bandwidth for our server, which the mods and admins pay for. Lets say that same thread with those 10 pictures in is viewed by 100 people. Thats 5mbx100 which is half a gigabyte for one thread. Whereas if people chose not to view the full size pics, or just select one or two that they are interested in, the bandwidth for that thread would be much less.

Hope that explains it. :)

There is a help section to explain how you post images, quote another post, make your text bold etc etc... have a look here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/faq.php

The 3rd and 4th set of questions should help you out.

Feel free to use the testing forum or this topic as much as you like to figure it out, or drop me a PM, Im happy to use MSN to go through things with you if you want.

Chris.

some members will never be respected though, ie Sarnie ;):lol:

Nor will some mods ever be listened to whilst they work at Tesco's :p

Logistics at Tesco???

Shelf stacker :)

Stealth shagger! :boxing:

Don't wanna know what you and Valerio get up to in your spare time :thumbdown:

Unless you are the same people :blush:

some members will never be respected though, ie Sarnie ;):lol:

Nor will some mods ever be listened to whilst they work at Tesco's :p

Logistics at Tesco???

Shelf stacker :)