bargin ....quite possibly..

S1an1de

yup bit the bullet today and got a new shiney pair of fronts for the winter...

£300 for 2 new re040's, fitted and aligned.

What a difference from the fu....umm knackered set that came off. Stering seems sharper, less tramlining, and nice and quiet.

Might have to see if they are going to do the rears for that price, then i can get rid of the high quality eastern european recycled tractor tyres i have on and put re040's on each corner...

just thought i'd share as i thought i had a reasonable deal on em.

Take my advice, do not run RE040's in the winter. They are so slippery when the temps drop and I have first hand experience with them in the snow during a roadtrip back from Germany.

Trip took me 18 hours total, with me being stuck in jams due to heavy snow, and in Belgium, I couldn't get out of a rest stop without help, cos the wheels just spun and didn't bite at all.

Back in the UK I had to drive slowly in snow and even performed a nice spin on a downslope off ramp off a dual carriage way.

I do not rate RE040's in the winter at all

Re040's are junk in cold and wet weather. I have set of re040 fronts for sale with 6mm or something(can't remember now and can't be bothered looking) for much much less..

Bit of a blunder there but live and learn. Don't put them on the rear.

Well the fronts to someone and fit Fk452's.

There was a reason you got a "good" deal I'm afraid.

As I have learned previously. If you see a good deal, ask on here first as I have made a few blunders only to be corrected after forking out the cash.