Does hot transmission = weird noises?

TheGrinch

Had the unpleasant experience of spending an hour and a half crawling across London this evening. It was rank, like being in one massive traffic jam. I averaged less than 10mph. When I finally got near home and could get out of second gear the car was making some weird noises. Growling away, funny sounds when coasting after lifting off the throttle from 3k>. I'm reasonably sure it was not the engine, sounded more like a transmission/gearbox type thing.

Does the 350z make weird noises if you sit in traffic for ages?

Steve

I have searched andI did not find a specific answer.

It would be nice if people could just post an answer to posts unless its the most obvious question ever - in which case it might be in a sticky?

Why not let me benefit from the your knowledge. I was fine doing this on other car forums I have been a long term member of. Posts that look dull to long term members are still worth answering rather than just talking about the search function. Ive used it and its not a panacea.

If you know of a post that specifically answers a question link it. If not and its connected chatter on a similarish issue then post a specific answer. Everyones obsession with the search function is getting me down. This is not about you zugara so please dont take it as a personal pop.

I agree, that seems to be the easy answer, (Search button)

Was the noise happening when you were releasing the clutch? could be a little slip due to excessive heat......... I do find that my clutch/flywheel is noisier when the car is running a little hotter than normal

I didn't release the clutch and listen so am not sure.

Thanks for that wazo.

Any further offers on this? Generally is increased noise a feature of sitting in traffic for ages.

Sorry that was meant for Darren :blush:

For what it is worth, when I was crawling around London in mine when I first had it (lives on the open roads of Southern Portugal now), yes, the box / axle got so fussy and noisy and graunchy around town I was worried I'd bought a pup. 5K later, still works fine, so I assume it is a feature, not a bug.