Double Din DVD

agentsmith350

Whatever you do PLEASE don't buy a chinese unit :surrender:

They are cheap for a reason, badly made and sound awful... you are far better off with a 2nd hand unit off eBay or elsewhere. If you spend £100-£150 on a cheap unit it will be money down the drain :headhurt:

Michael, yes that site is pretty reasonable but boviously best to shop around. Some places and eBay look cheap but the units come from the US so you have to add a lot for shipping etc :thumbdown:

I actually bought one of said Chinese units, they were ok actually for £250 got working sat nav, cd, mp3 etc great value if you dont want to fork out 500 plus - you just have to put up with it saying 'Chee chong hi wan nee how' everytime you switch it on!

I actually bought one of said Chinese units, they were ok actually for £250 got working sat nav, cd, mp3 etc great value if you dont want to fork out 500 plus - you just have to put up with it saying 'Chee chong hi wan nee how' everytime you switch it on!

:lol:

Yeah maybe what I said was a bit snobbish as I am a bit of an Audiophile but as with anything you get what you pay for.

My Pioneer is the dogs danglies but it was £800 2 years ago :surrender:

To be perfectly honest if I only had a budget of £200 I would stick with the Bose, do the iPod hack and get a decent TomTom for the cubby :thumbs: That would be about £100 then I would save up for something better :thumbs:

Cheers guys , well im not fussed about satnav as already have a decent tom tom , Main reason for wanting one was for the ipod control and to be able to store and play my music as music videos on the screen

You might be able to get one that isn't a 'full screen' one in your budget then upgrade later, how about one of these?

Pioneer_AVH-P3100DVD.jpg

Just under £300

or

jvc-kw-xr411-do__45883_zoom.jpg

Just over £100

Now why would the HU tell you to "Go roast a duck for happiness" for?

You git, I googled 'Chee chong hi wan nee how' and it took me to an oriental bridal store :scare:

You git, I googled 'Chee chong hi wan nee how' and it took me to an oriental bridal store :scare:

And I only made that up, ROFL!!!!

Cheers lol , Well i tried an itrip thing but it kept disconnecting and found a Meos ( China think ) going cheap on eBay in the UK so bought that for £120 , If its crap il try and sell it on as they seem to go for that price on average second hand. Im about to put a post up in the ICE section so you can follow up my experience there !