The courtroom of Judge Judy

yankeesiter

I went to one of those car supermarkets yesterday to check out a couple of cars and in the end I asked if we could take one of them for a test drive. He said sure I could drive it - he just needed to see my license.

I then asked him about insurance. Would I be covered under their policy if the worst happened? He refused to answer that question but just tried to assure me that his company sold 30,000 cars a week and not to worry about it. I was about to walk away from it all when he ungraciously offered to drive it around the block which he did.

Maybe some of his cars "sold" per week fall into the "you broke it, you bought it" category.

I remember when I went to buy the Zed; before the buyer would let me test drive it, I had to hand over the banker's draft - just in case. Partial good move on his part, but as he was still the owner of the car, I'm not sure where he would have stood for 3rd party claims.

Unless you are buying from a garage/dealer that has insurance for anyone to drive, maybe it would be better to excercise caution in order to avoid a "Judge Judy" moment. :nono: