Only got one key with my JDM, no service book or Navi DVD

live2themaxuk

Hey guys

recently just got my import, but there are a few things which are serious uncool about the situation

LOVING the car, but i havent got a spare key!!

The guy at southampton seemed to think this wasnt uncommon for imports to come with only one key. I think, thats bloody farcical!!!

How many other JDM's didnt get a spare key?

Obvious gonna get some cut but wont it cost an arm and a leg? Do they have immobilsers from Japan, i KNOW they dont have an alarm, btu to get he central locking coded will obviously need a code of some type?

Also, you JDMer's, did any of you get a service record with your car? I have none

Another thing which i thought was down right rude was the Japanese Navi DVD missing. OK OK i know that it wont work in the UK, but theres no reason for it not to be included. I was gonna try and flog it on ebay! Damn cheek if the owner removed it in Japan to make some dosh on it!

Obviously gonna phone my importers and try and sort this out, i wont name names at the moment as it may all sort out with no probs, but, so far, not impressed with the above. I realise its not all directly the imoprters fault anyway.

WHats your thoughts guys?

Jamie

[

Got a spare with mine , according to some guy's with JDM's it's an expensive job to get another about £250 I seem to think :headhurt:

Service history is a plus (I did get it with mine ,but I wouldnt get too hung up about it either way )

Sat Nav missing no great loss , and nobody would buy it anyway :)

Jamie,

Your experience is very similar to my own and several others on here. My car also came with no spare key, but the importer eventually managed to get a key from Nissan UK and paid for it to be cloned/coded at a Nissan dealer.:thumbs:

My car also had no service history, but I saw the history for another car imported at the same time, and it was totally indecipherable anyway. I had the car checked and made sure I got the BIMTA certificate. The overall condition of the car was so good that I was confident that the mileage was accurate. That was in March '06 and so far no reason to be concerned (touch wood!). :headhurt:

Sorry can't help with the Sat-Nav, as mine did not have that option (though the previous owner had replaced the standard radio with an expensive after-market unit by Clarion, which includes a double din screen).

Jim

If you have your original Auction text handy, it should say if a spare key was present, and/or a BIMTA certificate.

If it was there, you are perfectly entitled to ask the importer to provide it, as they should have taken it with the other key.

/David