iPhone 4 cradle - recommendations please

James B

As the name suggests, I'm looking for a good cradle for my iPhone 4. Must fit the following two needs:

- Attach to the air vent to left of steering wheel, just to the right of the cubby hole. This is because my AV line-in run out the cubby.

- Not require any drilling or other actions likely to ruin the dash (or cause fatal injuries to me)

- Grip the phone well. Bought one from Halfrauds at the weekend and it doesnt hold properly so it slips around all over the shop.

Thanks peeps!

Build one for the cubby! It's what I did, bit of MDF, black felt and some double sided sticky stuff.

It's a perfect fit and I just pop my iPhone into everytime I get in the car, connects to my headunit and charges it! Use it for satnav as well which is handy. I've got some photos somewhere if I can find them, it's hard trying to take a photograph of your iPhone in it's own holder.

Build one for the cubby! It's what I did, bit of MDF, black felt and some double sided sticky stuff.

It's a perfect fit and I just pop my iPhone into everytime I get in the car, connects to my headunit and charges it! Use it for satnav as well which is handy. I've got some photos somewhere if I can find them, it's hard trying to take a photograph of your iPhone in it's own holder.

Nice suggestion, however you clearly don't know how crap I am with DIY. 96% chance of me nailing myself to the interior of the Zed!

haha trust me, I am god awful. Girlfriend was extremely surprised I came back in with all fingers intact, I'm not trusted with a hammer and nail on my own in this house :lol:

I'm sure there's a market out there for me to make them but I'm 99% sure a finger would be lost during the speeding up process.

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/h ... Holder.asp

what I had in my 350

XdaO2OrbitinZ.jpg

Edit:

Must fit the following needs:

- Attach to the air vent to left of steering wheel, just to the right of the cubby hole. This is because my AV line-in run out the cubby. Sits right by the corner of the cubby

- Not require any drilling or other actions likely to ruin the dash (or cause fatal injuries to me) No drilling/glueing with brodits - uses the joints about the console to clip into place

- Grip the phone well. Bought one from Halfrauds at the weekend and it doesnt hold properly so it slips around all over the shop. Never fell off in 3 years on the car

The thing i would sat about the vent mounted holders is that they can come flying off. I've had two, one from my old car and one i just brought, and any more than i calm gentle drive they fly off!!

Its ok in a straight line but you go around a corner thats a little bumpy and it's into the footwell they go. I would recommened what others have already, and put it in the cubby space or window mount it.