Exterior temp sensor

leonk

Check the PDF's ... sure they will tell you...

:thumbs:

Outside air temperature indication

With ignition switch ON position, trip computer displays outside air temperature according to signal of outside air temperature from unified meter and A/C amp. Unified meter and A/C amp. receives these signals from out- side air temperature sensor.

The outside air temperature is displayed while the ignition switch is in the ON position.

Signal is supplied

â— through ambient sensor terminal 1

â— to unified meter and A/C amp. terminal 39.

â— through unified meter and A/C amp. terminal 10

â— to triple meter terminal 5.

Indication range is between -30 and 55°C (-22 and 131°F). When outside air temperature is less than -30°C (- 22°F) or more than 55°C (131°F), display shows “--â€. When outside temperature is less than 3°C (37°F) contin- uously, display will “ICY†indicator illuminate as warning. In this case, the display will change to the outside air temperature mode even though the display is showing a different mode. The “ICY†indicator will continue illu- minate as long as the temperature remains below 4°C (39°F).

HA HA ... FOUND IT!!!!

Page 100 on the Atc.pdf.... :thumbs:

"Ambient Sensor Circuit

The ambient sensor is attached on the hood lock stay. It detects ambient temperature and converts it into a resistance value which is then input into the unified meter and A/C amp. (auto amp.)"

Sasha said..

Your problem may have something to do with living in a cold, wet and generally miserable country weather-wise.

Was actually beginning to think that!

SlimJim you're a star, up all night trying to google that. :lol: Will look tonight, hopefully just a loose cnnection.

No problem at all, I know how VERY frustrating it is when you can't find something you need. :rant:

LOADS of peeps on here have helped me out before.. so if I can help other people, then it's just keeping the good Karma in this place going. :thumbs:

If you need the PDF, just PM me, I can email it over :)

Fixed it!!!!!! And it cost nothing!

Thanks to SlimJim. For future ref. the sensor is located just under the bonnet latch and horns in front of the rad. Took it off, sprayed electrical cleaner and blew it out and now working o.k again. Flashing ICY must be some sort of default.