V4 Plenum

Ian

I recieved a 2nd hand V4 Plenum this morning. Ive been reading through the installation instruction & I dont seem to have the Plastic Cooling Block.

What does this look like? I may just be an idiot and have overlooked this.

Looking at the pictures in the manual it looks like it sits between the Plenum & Throttle Body, is this right?

Could this Cooling Block be used on a standard car or would it come off with the plenum?

If I dont have one could I run without it, if not where can I get one?

:thumbs:

is it the V4 or V+ ? they changed the design on the V+ with no more cooling block. I have had both and on the V4 the block goes under the plenum, held by 2 screws, near the throttle body, basically under the plenum. When I took mine off, one screw had gone missing, but the problem is that you can't tighten them too much otherwise they crack the plenum... best design is the latest V+, tbh. The block comes with the plenum

Also, with it being second hand, are you sure the cork seal is still ok, have you had it re-sealed by Kinetix?

Ive been told its the V4, Is there anyway I can confirm this?

Ive definatley not got an additional block with it though, Ive got all the screws & the only thing im not sure about is a sort of small metal tube with brass fittings either side?

Its the little piece that is ontop of the plenum in your for sale thread - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=plenum

Also what are those 4 metal bars for? Ive got them and have no idea what they are :blush:

Not been resealed by kinetix, does that need to be done?

take a pic of it and I'll tell you which 1 it is.

sounds like it's a V4 with the V+ fittings then?

:worthless: will be your best option

sounds like you hae a V+ to me

The metal bars are there as spacers for the strut bar, as the new V+ needs them to fit under it

who did you get it from? name and shame please! :rant:

anyone selling this as working should be jailed :dry:

emailed you the pic with the 2 circled areas that are well damaged

Its the Plenum that CharlieD was selling on here. Ive spoken to him and he claims that is was fine so I have asked him to come online and have a look at this thread

that's not the same plenum!!!!!!

can't you see the latest pics you just posted have more bits on it???

if you were trying to confuse us, you managed! :wacko:

Same plenum :) Ill take some photos of it out of the box, probably should have done that originally

well the white packaging fooled both myself and baptist mate, looked like it was missing huge chunks of it! talk about optical illusion!!!!

definitely in one piece mate :lol:

think that's the V4 btw, lomoto will surely post a pic of his one which is the V+.

well the white packaging fooled both myself and baptist mate, looked like it was missing huge chunks of it! talk about optical illusion!!!!

definitely in one piece mate :lol:

think that's the V4 btw, lomoto will surely post a pic of his one which is the V+.

:blush:

:thumbs: Thanks for the help

Ive spoken to the person who fitted it for Charlie so I know now where that brass piece sits :thumbs:

Just need some dry weather to fit it :teeth:

so you have a V4 with strut bar spacers and latest cooling solution, with no plastic block?

must have been half way through the V4 and V+ then :wacko:

Looks like it :)

Wold this cause any issues when fitting it? I assume not as Charlie fitted it ok.