JDM Speedo conversion- converts EVERY KM/H related thing?

live2themaxuk

Hello all

Ill post a nice big 'ive got my car' when ive taken some pics, but, as of now, i have my new car. . . . :teeth: loving it

now, about to fit a speedo conversion kit thing i got and it runs from a delimiter box ive got, there is a pulsed signal for speedo mph OUT which runs to the back of the speedo. Now, i doubt if anyone has got and is using a Speedm8 delimiter and convertor BUT, on YOUR JDM wih the speedo conversion, can you answer me some questions. . . .

The PODS on the dash have lots of KM/H info, are these ALL made into MPH?

1) The digital read-out on the dash has a km/h, is this now showing a figure tallyign with the speedo?

2) The ecomomy figures. . . . km/l, surel;y these will be ALL wrong based on the assumption below

digital pulse say is 'fast' and says= 50kph

to get an mph reading they SLOW the signal down so it gets to 50km/h slower and at an equivelant rotational speed equating to 50mph.

surely the ecomoy figure works on pulse speed also and it would make it think its more economical than it is. . . .travelling further (on tarmac) but being lied to by the pulse signal as thats its only means of tellign how 'far' you are travelling also. . . . .?

3) also, i bought a fascia to put in the japan import to convert the readout to a nice KM and mph like the UK 350z, i didnt wonna have to put a black sticker over the 'k' on the clock, but only to find out that the 160mph marker on the UK 'lockwood dial speedo face' ive got is in the different position to the 160km/h of my JDM. . . . so, wont be usint that then . . .

oh well, at least my speedo goes up to 180mph!!!

and yes, i am calling the guy who makes them, but hes not in today. . .

Jamie

The PODS on the dash have lots of KM/H info, are these ALL made into MPH? display in pods will show still as Kph or Kms but will actually be in miles / MPH if that makes sense ,to change pod display to show miles will require a UK seyt of centre clocks

1) The digital read-out on the dash has a km/h, is this now showing a figure tallyign with the speedo? correct :thumbs:

2) The ecomomy figures. . . . km/l, surel;y these will be ALL wrong based on the assumption below now will be miles per litre :headhurt: this takes a bit of working out, but I have never bother much as I have this display set on outside temp mostly

digital pulse say is 'fast' and says= 50kph

to get an mph reading they SLOW the signal down so it gets to 50km/h slower and at an equivelant rotational speed equating to 50mph.

surely the ecomoy figure works on pulse speed also and it would make it think its more economical than it is. . . .travelling further (on tarmac) but being lied to by the pulse signal as thats its only means of tellign how 'far' you are travelling also. . . . .?

3) also, i bought a fascia to put in the japan import to convert the readout to a nice KM and mph like the UK 350z, i didnt wonna have to put a black sticker over the 'k' on the clock, but only to find out that the 160mph marker on the UK 'lockwood dial speedo face' ive got is in the different position to the 160km/h of my JDM. . . . so, wont be usint that then . . . clock convertor will be OK if you remove the convertor chip, but pod diplay will then revert back to original Kms :yawn:

oh well, at least my speedo goes up to 180mph!!!

sounds like your making this more complicated than necessary :teeth:

and yes, i am calling the guy who makes them, but hes not in today. . .

Jamie

hes goign on the basis of the display now reading km/L BUT actually being mp/L

basically how many litres in a gallon . . . . about 4. . . ?

Jamie

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yep, reading 7.0 at the mo so 21 MPG Eeeek!

no 28mpg :thumbs: