price advice?

rog518

Evening all!

I hate to say this but I think its time to sell up! :byebye:

I have always struggled to keep the car running and as its only a weekend car I cant justify shelling out money and never driving it. I worry when tax time comes,insurance and if I can afford to fill her up so the poor thing just sits in the garage and not used as she was intended!

problem is I really need to make as much as possible to match my settlement figure on the loan I have which I have a feeling just aint going to happen! Been out of the loop this year so what do people think I could get for my beloved zed?

2004 Sunset gt

spacers

stubby

mats

Unfortunately no service history as the previous owner never got the book stamped and has still not forwarded it 18mth later! Has been serviced up until i bought it but guess that doesnt mean much without stamps!

IMG_4677-1.jpg

Any advice would be great :thumbs:

Rog

Moved.

A "feeler thread" is not a for sale thread, and since there is no price indicated it does not meet the requirments for an advert.

No service history is a kicker.

If you manage £7k I will be surprised. Even though it is low milage, you have no proof for 7 years of maintenance.

Have you not serviced it in your 18 months either?

I would seriously make the effort to get the original service book. Or, at the very least get a new service book and send it to the places that it has been serviced to get new stamps. It looks a nice low mileage car but it could be the difference between £8k and £6k imo.....

Oops sorry for the wrong placing! I have been trying to get the book and a list of garages it was serviced at but the previous owner (an ex client) of mine has been a right a##e and says it's in a box and he can't be bothered to look for it! As far as servicing it myself no unfortunately I haven't had the funds but I have only done 2k in that time and it was serviced just before I bought it! I would love to service it but oil is still a lovely colour, brakes etc fine so can't see there being too much of a prob but get your point! I did do a thread a while back about it and people said they often miss services on low mileage so didn't think it would be too much of an issue!

If I offered you £2k cash to drive to your clients house to get the service book, would you? I would, as thats what it now means to you.

Personally, I'd get it serviced and sort out the history. I know you say you can't afford to service it, but can you afford not to?

I'd probably still buy a car like yours if the condition was good, but with no history it would have to be cheeeeeeeap.........

I've been to his house over ten times! I cant physically make him go through his boxes and find it! Thats what p##es me off you trust someone and they just dont care once they have your money! Oh well lesson learnt! :angry:

Called a few local dealers today and they have no record of the car so its onto the web for a nissan dealers list this weekend and go through them all one by one in the south till I at least get the first 3yrs stamped!

Dealer wants 257 quid for a P1 they said they change oil,filter and do "checks"!! I think I will be looking for an independent garage and get it done there.

• 3 weeks later...