Imagine...350z with 4.0l engine, 4WD Twin Turbo...

GaelicZ

This is just me thinking aloud... bear with me...

I was doing a spot of wikipedia and googling... on Nissan , Engines etc... and came up with the following information but some questions remain...

Q1. Our cars have an VQ35 engine, and Pathfinder gets a VQ40 - Does this mean that we could bore out our 35's to 40's? or simpler still can we transplant a Pathfinder VQ40 into a zed? (perhaps the outer size is the same... so it fall into place nicely

Q2. Our Car shares engine with Murano but Murano has a CVT T/M-and 4WD Does this mean that potentially we could slap a VQ35 with CVT and perhaps get 4WD. ( Same power more grip? ) All it need is a FR diff to the front with Murano hubs and driveshafts

Q3. The talks on the GT-R say that it will get a V6 3.8 ( does this mean a VQ38) with twin turbos...? again.. could this be done on a VQ35? and a VQ40?

My final question and dreamy thought- Could it be possible to have a

VQ40 engine from pathfinder , CVT+4WD from Murano, with Twin turbos?

More Power , Subaru Beater?

I am thinking that in theory and with the right amount of cash, it could be a possibility ( Not for me though 280 bhp is enough thank you... :headhurt: )

Has anyone heard of anything like this done, or remotely similar???

the though makes my incontinence pants tremble with fears of mass floodings... :wacko:

I'll keep RWD thanks :teeth:

wrt to bigger displacement, it's happeneing already with built engines in the US, quite regularly.

When you sleeve the block you end up with a 3.8L if I'm not mistaken,

Then you have these new stroker kits from GT Motorsports.... up to 4.2L . If they cracked it (which I'm sure they have, being THE people to get your engine built from....) and it is reliable (the AEBS and the JUN stroker kits have found no successful known installation as far as I know ) should be quite a good thing to have regardless of if you want to build a NA or FI setup B)

Well ... it is funny you mention that, because the Nissan Titan in US has a V8 5.6 but only makes 305 bhp so not really worth the extra cylinders... :dry:

Would it not b worth looking at how tuneable the engine is and I wonder how much torque it produces?

surely the biggest restriction in engine swaps is actualy engine bay space, things seem pretty tight in there already