Engine management and mapping courses

Jez @ H-Dev

A friend and I have started a new business - we're offering training courses in engine mapping and setup.

The intro course is a great way to get a better understanding of how modern engine management works and will prepare you well for more advanced mapping courses.

Check out http://www.emacademy.co.uk for more info :)

emasig.gif

• 1 month later...
We presented our Intro to engine management and mapping course last Friday. As usual, the people who attended found it a great day out. A write up by one of the attendees is here: http://www.272heroes.com/21-11-2011/bac ... nd-mapping

Great writeup :thumbs:

Would love to mess about with this stuff but would need a donor car that I can potentially blow up. Not sure Nissan (or Abbey) would appreciate me messing with their work :lol:

Would love to mess about with this stuff but would need a donor car that I can potentially blow up. Not sure Nissan (or Abbey) would appreciate me messing with their work :lol:

All the course have hands on sections and some have practical demos with a car on a dyno. Always best to practice under controlled conditions where mistakes are not a problem :)

In the Intro course we use Syvecs / Life Racing. In the more advanced courses we cover whatever the attendees want, as we usually run quite small groups.

Do you have Haltech on your car?

sure do B) EFI tuning classes had some haltech software used when they ran theirs so just asking. I know you might have a person wanting to attend a haltech training :teeth: (Keyser just got an ecu for his auto)

Need to google Syvecs/life racing and see what that looks like.

Syvecs is my prefered choice of ECU - very flexible with loads of great features. GTR / 350Z support will be out very soon. Its very popular on Subarus, Supras and TVRs. I've fitted it to my S13, Lancia Integrales, a 3dr Cosworth and we are currently fitting it to a turbo Hayabusa thats in a MK Indy. My 350 will be getting it at some point too. Comes with pretty much everything you'd want: launch control, anti-lag, closed loop knock, nitrous control (wet or dry) etc etc. Has a lot of nice safety features too - which are great if your engine is running close to the limit.

Haltech seems like a good plug and play choice - I've messed about with the software but not fitted to a car yet.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...