Moving The Phone Cradle a 10min Job

flyboy

Anybody else annoyed by the position of the phone cradle and bluetooth adapter.

Why put it in the middle of the only accessible storage area by the driver.??????

Anyway after a year of being annoyed I decided to move it.

Just removed the bluetooth adapter and found a screw holding down the main unit once pulled out to accept a phone/adapter.

Unscrewed this and the unit is free on its cable.

Pulled out the mat on the bottom of the storage area and there is a hole into the area under the centre console beneath it.

Tried to push it all under the console through the hole but its just too big to go through.

Thought the space looked big enough so I removed the 5 screws holding the centre console in and found it was indeed big enough to stuff it all in behind the handbrake.

Put the console back in and behold it still works but is now out of the way and I have somewhere to put lots more CD's.

No pics as it really is that easy!!!.

There must be a guide to taking out the console if you need one but I diddn't as the screws were in the obvious places, one under the ashtray, two under the gear lever trim and one each side behind the seats!

Wish I had done this 10 min mod a year ago as it really makes a difference!

Thats a good little mod! I can see that being popular.

In the old days (pre bluetooth, yes I have had a zed that long!) there was a funky nokia phone there! It was actually in a great position however as soon as you swapped the nokia phone and cradle (which I still have!) and swapped it for a Bluetooth module it then was just stuck in the middle!

I reckon it'd be easy enough to relocate it to the under the secret shelf in the rear cubby too.

I did a similar mod in mine as I was running an aftermarket HU. Just removed the cradle and unplugged it all. Free's up so much space in there. Just a reminder of how old the design of the Zed is now, tape deck and old school plug in phone holder. I think they were already outdated when the released it :lol: At least they are easily remedied and the engine, handling and looks are timeless :drive1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ha! Just as easy!

Finally removed the whole bluetooth unit!

As mentioned just remove the screw and the unit is loose. Underneath is a panel - lift that and it should expose two cables with plugs.

Just undo these plugs and viola unit can be removed.