Dogs?

Adam@Z1auto.com

thanks again for all your assistance guys

today I took home a beautiful Labrador Retriever - not quite the wolf look I wanted lolol, but that guy had already been taken by another lucky family. Took him home today and after the car ride, and wandering around my place sniffing, he had a bit of food, some water and is now sleeping in his cage. Now the fun stuff of training begins!

Dogs are a wonderful addition to any family! As has pretty much been covered here, unless you enjoy running / lots of exercise I'd avoid a husky, they can get a little grumpy when they don't get enough exercise.

I can't recommend lab retrievers and springer spaniels enough, my g/f has a lab retriever that has grown to 7 stone, she is a huge dog, but very loving, affectionate and passive. My springer spaniel is now 14 and has only just calmed down, springers can be a little balmy, again they are generally very kind and love affection, they are obviously a little smaller than our retriever friends but need more exercise and will generally make you laugh alot more, they are into everything and will generally say hello to everyone!

The only downsides to any dog are the ties, short of having children its the biggest commitment you can make, cats are easy, turf outside, done, a dog wants to be fed, wants to be walked, wants to be fussed, wants to relax with you, wants to sit with you if you're working on a car outside, wants to go to the beach with you etc. If you've got some nearby friends/family that don't mind adopting for a weekend every now and then you should be ok. As I say, they really make a house into a home and leave an enormous imprint on your heart and life in every single way, you'll go the full cycle of emotions with them!

Personally, if its your first, I'd shoot for a retriever, as much as I love springers they can be menaces :lol:

Fantastic Adam! Is he a pup or did you adopt him?

Golden retrievers are probably my favourite dog, defo top 3!

What's his name? Oh and :worthless:

You can add him to the pet thread too! :teeth:

He's a puppy (8 weeks) that I adopted

I'm still going back and forth on names it's a bit tough! I like Ethan - my gf didn't seem to enamoured with it though (I'm a big Mission Impossible fan...original show and the movies)

I'll post some pics, he's napping right now after a morning of play that started at 5 AM