Bridgestone Potenza S001

RICHIERICH

Looked into vredestiens but after costing and delivered, still gotta pay to get fitted and works out same if not very similar price! even with part worns which i also looked into for months!

People dont like the RE040's but I got good miles out of them, probably or most definately due to not gripping roasd as much and harder compound but if it means getting 18 months 2 years as uppose to a year I think I might opt for them.

Read S001 Reviews and all 7 seem different and wear would appear as bad as the RE050A's. I dont wanna be sacrifising grip in winter but even if I had the most expensive, the car would be abandoned in some town from a liitle snow cover!

Any1 experienced driving sideways when a little snow blanket on road? was gonna turn traction control off when I experienced it! quite nerve racking especially when fiestas going past you!!

all advice appreciated, Rich

• 2 weeks later...

They couldnt get s001's in the end and couldnt get full set of 50A's either so had to settle RE040's on front and 50A's on back for £525 fully fitted! 50A's may be changed in 12 months but hopefully the 40's will be 20 months +

I know a lot of eople say they hate 40's but i felt they were good when i purchased car and they lasted 20,000 miles approx

Personally I perfer them to the RE050A that I had on all round. The are slighty snappier in the wet but I found more feedback and grip if you are a smooth driver. In the dry they offer more precision at the expense of a little progression, which I am more than happy with.

Hate floppy side walls like the T1-R, it is not really a true feel of where the tyre is at in terms of grip