Battery Clarification

rodgeevans

Hi there people,

I've done a search and cant seem to find an answer, so wondering if anyone knows is there a replacement battery for the JDM 350 (as mines died finally after 8 years) that will drop in without changing the terminals. Sorry if it has been answered before but i could not find an answer searching.

Rodge

Yes there is, but i dont know what its called... :lol: It's something like a Type 051 or something...

Take it to an independant motor factors and they'll know straight away - i paid about £57 for mine if i recall.

The thing to be aware of is that the terminals are the wrong way round compared to UK batteries, i.e. + and - are on the opposite sides to normal.

I's an optima yellow top that a good price for one really they a dry cell deep cycle battery with a custom spiral cores, they have alot higher cca and are designed for large ice systems or high drains on the battery system, you can basically leave the system o n for a long time with out the engine running and it will still start, and the ice system wont kill the battery like it does with standard batteries basically this battery should last much much longer than a standard lead acid battery

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an optima yellow top in mine. I seem to remember that I did need to change the positive terminal, but it's an easy job and since I was adding wiring for a subwoofer anyway I would have had to regardless.

I like these (used them on my 350Z and another car):

http://www.maplin.co.uk/lift-off-batteryclamps-9566

It was a while back though... might have to pop down to the garage to see if I've remembered right!