hopefull new purchase

davew90

I think you could get it cheaper than that maybe another £400 off.

Yeah check the usual things and make sure you see the service history as the amount of cars I have seen with very little history is scary.

I called up about one and asked about service history and it had only had 3 services in 6 years and done 50,000 miles!

I have seen a few black ones go at dealers for about £8500 - they always say SAT NAV GREAT SPEC but really its just the normal GT spec plus a sat nav which is 'functional' rather than fantastic.

Wheels are grim :thumbdown: at least you could try sell them on and reclaim a bit of money.

Yeah those wheels look a bit rubbish in my opinion, but im sure you could sell them for decent money and get a set of more original Rays wheels.

Prices will vary no end, dealers will always big up the spec, but the reality is that most of the 350`s out there have the GT pack as dealers tried to encourage buyers to go for it. That gives you the bose system, heated leather electric seats and cruise control.

Id shop around and play one dealer off against another. These sort of cars are hardly flying off their forecourts atm so in theory they should be open to a deal. In practise from my experience the dealers are tight as anything and I really struggled knocking even a couple of hundred quid off their asking prices when I was looking.

These are tough times! Keep on looking or look for another at least £1500 off it. Those wheels are pothole magnets and will cost you a bit extra on insurance. It has aftermarket rear lights fitted. Watch for other mods as they are all insurance excess charges. £143 road tax sounds sus. With a good look around and being prepared to travel you can find much better deals. I was lucky enough to find a sound, stock, UK GT roadster 55 plate way below this kind of asking price. No insurance hassles and still the pre March 06 road tax rate.