Not view or not to view

TommyN23

In my limited experience (only owned one for a few weeks but spent months researching) the milage shouldn't be an issue, the engines are strong and 100k isn't that high these days, though I would be put off by the rust, my last car had bubble rust problems and no matter how much I paid to get it sorted, it kept coming back.

I saw many Z's before chosing mine which really tried my patience in finding the right car, but it was worth it. I was advised to never buy a car with problems as they'll find you quickly enough anyhow, so i'd be tempted to look for another well loved example. Good luck with what you decide anyhow :thumbs:

Plenty of people here and the states run high mileage zeds with no issues.

Whats this rumour about the 04 cars always having problems? First I've heared of it :lol:

Probably one person who didn't look after their 03 Zed and had problems...

Not sure how an 03 vs an 04 would have more/less problems :D

Spidermonk has it spot on. Id see that rust as a bigger problem than the mileage. Youd have to sand that down, treat it, then try and match the paint in on a 7 year old car which isnt always easy.

The car does sound good though. Its a good spec. Thats not an OEM sat nav, but its a nice sized screen one and looks good. Has the GT pack, just had major service done, so next one will be cheap. Those tyres will last someone ages - my falkens were half worn 10k miles ago and still have plenty of life left in them. And it sounds like the owner is a bit flexible on the price.

Id be tempted to offer him something in the high 5`s for it and see what they say.

thanks for the help. Like RabbitStew said though if i could get him in the high 5's then i wouldnt mind the rust, i would treat it with the money i knocked him down with ;) lol.

See heres my problem, if i get a Z it MUST be that colour blue, if not it will be getting wraped in white, i also want the Rays alloy wheels. So is such a hard market, iv been looking for months. But people seem to be Positive about the millage so i think a phone call is on the cards ;)

You could always buy some Rays afterwards? They seem to come up periodically on the For Sale section on here. Or just go the whole hog and get Volks :thumbs: I didnt restrict myself to Rays when looking, they are easy enough to sort out - make sure the clutch has been checked, bodywork, rear clicky axle and electonics (windows prone to failing).

Any update on this, how did the viewing go?

It does get much more difficult to find a 350 when your restricting requirements, I did exactly the same when I was searching for mine, it had to be a black GT with rays and Sat Nav included. In the end I had to compromise and buy a black GT without Sat Nav, my timescale got tight as my old car died with a repair cost over 3 times its value!

Good luck with your search :thumbs: