Off to RS Tuning

evilscorp

Going down to Leeds to see a m8,have a party and pop into RS for some more POWER!

Hdev de-cats, AMS pulleys, Gearbox oil change, UPREV and hopefully some help removing two sheared bolts :blush: so i can fully fit the zspeed undertray.

Will post some pics and dyno results on Sunday when I return! :p

Left at 6.30am on fri, got to leeds at 10.30am had a wee problem on the way down as my custom intake pipe worked itself loose and the car was being weird (thought it was my clutch as at 2000rpm it lurched on acc) got to RStuning car was up on the ramp and work begun shortly after, the guys did a great job fitting the pulleys and had a few issues with fitting my cats as my custom exhaust had been welded onto the original cat flanges (sorry Speckky) :dry: also they noticed lots of spots on it which were blowing and said this would limit my power also the bends in it were too sharp and basically its sh*t so thanks planetperformace :lol: took a good few hours (most of the day) then Paul got the car on the dyno. only made 271.5 hp/ 266 torque but it is an 03 jdm with 56000miles so was quite happy with the starting point, must have been a good bit down before the cats came off :blush:

Paul did 36 runs with the car and seemed fairly confident that due to the rise in ambient temp at least 10*C on an already hot humid day (quite a small workshop so heated up quickly) and the fact the tyres where sticking to the rollers (had to use wooden blocks to clear the ramp due to my low side skirts which became black with sticky hot rubber on taking the car down :scare: ) ..... anyway enough of the excuses the car finally made 282.8hp and 285 torque which is ok considering the above constraints.

Anyhow the car is much more alive and the return journey my mpg rose by 1-2. The limiter is now away too, so here I come drag strip lol The noise is the best part, on the motorway its non intrusive but any time I put my foot down it sounds like death taking an all mighty temper tantrum!

Easy drive, all motorway and just a short side road then u arrive lol. Took 4hours doing the national speedlimit :lol: wasnt in a rush. Car feels easyer, safer when pulling away from junctions and for the money defo worth it. Leeds is good for a nite out too! Just abit shocked as ive never seen a na car wi more torque than hp =s

• 1 month later...
Ayr? Is RMS not still open, I mind years ago when I had the Mitsubishi I got a full system made down there, think they do more than exhausts too (didnt back then though)... Web search incoming...

RMS Fooked my buddys' corsa sri up big time. Exhaust fell apart and he got robbed for it.