HELP NEEDED! One for the Apple experts

BulletMagnet

Really need some help here, until about a month ago, my iPhone would happily sync and backup in iTunes without a problem.

Recently however it now refuses to backup, and since syncing also involves a backup, I'm kinda out of luck there too.

When backing up it will either give me the striped bar for a few secs and then give me an error saying "Could not back iPhone up because session could not be started"

Or I get the striped bar, which then turns into the progress bar but then stops after like 5% saying

"could not backup iPhone because backup could not be saved on this computer"

Or I get to the progress bar and it progresses to about 80% and just hangs.

I have since done the following

- reinstalled iTunes

- deleted the Backup folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

- deleted the preference file for iTunes

- synced contacts with Outlook (dunno how it even completed, did throw a backup error tho) and did a FW restore on the iPhone

I really don't know what else could be the cause.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and iTunes 10.4.10 and the iPhone is on 4.3.5

As it is now I have uninstalled everything Apple on the PC and will also delete anything relating to iTunes, i.e. all the iTunes Library and playlists, basically going for a fresh install of everything Apple.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Thanks

Not jailbroken, not tried DFU yet, will give that a bash.

On night shift now so it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

But, today I have noticed that the same is happening with my old iPhone 3GS, which I use as the Zeds jukebox, fails to backup also.

Same thing happened to my iPhone 3. I had to take my MacBook to the apple shop in the end!

You can try to create a new profile on your PC, install iTunes there and try again. Apple tried this for me and that found an issue with my profile.......for the life of me, I can't remember what they did!? :doh:

After PM-ing SpurMadDave, he suggested rolling back to an older version of iTunes.

Went and got iTunes 10.3.0.55 64-bit, and hey presto, everything is back to normal.

Disabled auto update of iTunes now, until there is a crucial unavoidable update needed.

Thanks Dave, thanks all

Read the thread.

This thread is not partaking in the current discussion about Apple love/hate.

And it turned out to be a software issue rather than hardware and most likely Windows 7 64-bit OS being the issue as iTunes is a piece of software written for 32-bit systems, always has been, it's just certain drivers that are adapted to function on the 64-bit platform.

thmofoyh4ws81wn1.gif

Read the thread.

And it turned out to be a software issue rather than hardware and most likely Windows 7 64-bit OS being the issue as iTunes is a piece of software written for 32-bit systems, always has been, it's just certain drivers that are adapted to function on the 64-bit platform.

thmofoyh4ws81wn1.gif

:lol::lol:

+1 :)

Read the thread.

thmofoyh4ws81wn1.gif

:lol::lol: