Wiring for phone docking point ???

cnssjw

Hi All

The secondhand Z I bought didn't have this thing that sits in the centre armrest console. Some poeple call it the phone cradle, but I am reliably informed that it is called the "telephone pre-wiring docking point". See below.

http://www.geocities.com/cnssjw/DockingPoint.JPG

All I have are some wires joining a white connector block, like this below.

http://www.geocities.com/cnssjw/Wires.jpg

Until I have this, I can fit neither a Nokia phone cradle nor a Bluetooth dongle. Does anyone have one of these lurking in their garage please? I'll pay... :teeth::D

Merry Xmas!

Cheers

Julian

looks like yours has been ripped apart by the previous owner mate. You are missing what's rightfully yours as it comes with the car, not an option.

And yes that's the part where the cradle clips onto. bet if you try and buy it from NMGB they'd charge you hundredS

looks like yours has been ripped apart by the previous owner mate. You are missing what's rightfully yours as it comes with the car, not an option.

And yes that's the part where the cradle clips onto. bet if you try and buy it from NMGB they'd charge you hundredS

Well, the previous owner (who I trust) said that he never had it installed.

Yes, the parts supervisor drew a particularly large intake of breath when I showed him the cubby-hole :scare:

So I'm keen to source the bits from somewhere else, perhaps somebody breaking a car (painful as this is to contemplate).

Well, the previous owner (who I trust) said that he never had it installed

Why do you trust him?????

This kit is factory fitted by nissan. If he has been the only owner then he is a liar......................

would also want to know iff the main module bit which is under the floor of the main cubby hasn't been ripped out to.

I don't know how I'd find that out, without removing the centre console section? :blink:

The control unit located under a false floor in the big box behind the passenger seat.

Very easy to access the unit: go into the box, lift up a big square cover on the box floor (you'll see it straight away - its sits proud of the box floor and fills the whole box). Under this there is a smaller tray (kind of looks like a coin tray), all you need is to lever this up with something like a small screwdriver or a key it takes very, very little force to bring this up. The control unit is fixed to the bottom of this tray.

Thanks - I did some prising behind the passenger seat, and I think this pic might explain why there are wires lying around everywhere, and the phone docking point is missing.

http://www.geocities.com/cnssjw/Satnav.jpg

The previous owner had an aftermarket Alpine satnav system fitted shortly after purchase - you can just see the DVD unit in the pic above.

Guess the fitters must have removed the bits that were no longer required?

What should it look like in there? There's nothing attached to the tray I took out.

haven't got a pic but certainly sounds like what has happened. Only cheapest way too sort it out would be to go to a scrappers and see if you can pick one up. Then there is the difficulty of getting it installed. Might just be cheaper to get a atermarket one installed like a sony erricson unit

What should it look like in there? There's nothing attached to the tray I took out.

:welcome: !! I've got a bit of experience now of this, if the dealers who are trying to sort my system out are right then the docking thingy would be around £120+ VAT but as Mike has pointed out you also need the control unit - that'll be the really expensive bit! Looking at your pics its definately missing, it would be attached to the false floor you pulled up in the box and its a pretty large unit so you wouldn't have missed it and theres nowhere else in there to hide it.

As suggested a breaker is most probably the best bet.

And if you do source all the bits you'll also need to buy a bluetooth adaptor which will set you back another £100.