And so it begins!

TomS

Booked the car in at Lockwood & Greenwood on Saturday to fit a pair of Berk HFCs! Hopefully I'll notice a good difference sound wise from my current K2 exhaust and Y pipe I've got on the car. I'll get the car remapped in a few weeks time when I can head over to RS Tuning in Leeds. Already at 295bhp having been UpRev'd, getting closer to 300bhp with the Berks hopefully!

Don't think there's anything else, performance wise, with an 06 airbox, plenum spacer, UpRev, HFCs, exhaust and Y pipe is there anything else that's worthwhile doing?

Next it'll be on to changing the looks, already got colours, wheels, bumpers and skirts in mind, time to get saving those pennies! But before that, a new headunit is next on the list!

Sounds good tom! That is what I wouldve done next if I had kept it :thumbs: will sound awesome I bet!

By the way I've recently picked up a proper replacement for the zed... An E92 M3 :teeth: will get some pics in the other cars section, I'm loving the V8!!

The berks HFCs will make a big difference to the sound, I fell in love all over again when I had mine put on, it's just wow.

One word of warning that I was given though. I had had an up rev done prior to the HFCs which made the car run leaner. Adding the berks made the car run very very lean and I was advised to go back and have the mapping tweaked again so it was not running so lean. You may want to take it easy with the berks until you have yours tweaked.

Ah ok, I was tempted to get over to Leeds this weekend for a remap but depends if I get time!

I just got the car back and driving it back, just wow! Didn't expect that much of a change in the sound, sounds awesome! Only thing I noticed when driving it was when I get to over 4.5k there seems to be some sort of vibration coming from under the car on some part of the exhaust. Is this normal?

When the garage phoned me the guy mentioned that the Berks were shorter than the stock cats so they had to "trim off back box hanger fixings and realign exhaust center and back box", in their words. I thought they would be a straight swap? There was definitely no vibration before I took the car in.

When I picked up the car I was in a rush as it was 6:25pm and they were waiting around for me, nice of them, but when I got the car home I've noticed the exhaust doesn't look like it's centered properly, again something I never noticed before taking the car in. I don't want to be picky as they seemed to be really decent people at Lockwood but with vibrations and wonky looking exhaust I might have to go back at the weekend :/

Here's some photos of the wonkyness, unless it's just me!

img0529cs.jpg

img0530pn.jpg

img0531yc.jpg

Bah! Was hoping people would say its my wonky eyes! Taking it back is a right pain, have to wait until the weekend which means I can't go get it remapped or in the week somehow but I just started a new job today so can't really take an afternoon off!

Sorry dude, but the left hand tip definitely sticks out more than the right hand side. So your the lucky buyer of webbers zed then? I saw it when i drove up to his place to pick up the 19" LMGT4's, on the same day you were collecting it, he was in the middle of cleaning it up for you. :thumbs:

Near side pipe is definitely positioned further out from the bumper and this makes it seem lower as well.......if it was me I would take it back. If they are as good as you say they won't mind you returning the vehicle and will almost certainly feel embarrassed at their mis-alignment!

Good luck

Taking the car in on Tuesday so they can look at it whilst I'm there. They said the Berk HFCs werre shorter than stock ones so they have to move everything forward. Everything's been put on properly and tightened etc so they think a wonky issue is down to the exhaust by the sounds of it. But surely if I brought it in and it was perfect, fitted 2 exact same sized cats, albeit shorter than what was on there, surely the change should be exactly the same on both pipes and not wonky as it is?

By the sounds of it on the phone they said they spent a fair amount of time on the car getting the Berks on as they had to alter something on the exhaust and it sounds like they're reluctant to do anything else for free, hope not as they came highly recommended from few people!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the exhaust alignment issue sorted. They charged me £33 and said it was down to the poor fitment of the K2. Which is fair enough as I know it isn't the best fitting but just irritating that it was perfect when it went in and if it had to be pulled back a 1/4" then it would still be perfect, just a 1/4" further back!

Installed my new head unit at the weekend as well, JVC AVX-840 and installed my custom made iPhone 4 mount in the cubby. Will put some photo's of it up later this evening, looks bloody good if I do say so myself!

Also took the car to RS Tuning to get it remapped after the Berks + '06 airbox mod, gained 17lb/ft and went from 294bhp to 301.6bhp. Will post photos of that up in the thread later as well. He said it was running very lean with the Berks so good job I got it done! Only cost £100+VAT for an hour on the RR plus petrol to Leeds and back. :thumbs: