Door switch covers

speedwell

I'd recommend either sanding and re-spraying them, (It's really not that hard), vinyl coating them (again really not that hard), or wait a few weeks by which time I should be set up to do custom carbon fibre skinned interior trim pieces. I would say any of those are better options than the stick on aluminium stuff which IMHO really don't look like they should be on the car.

DB

Get them wrapped, I had my drivers side wrapped recently and you wouldn't know the difference. :thumbs:

Where and how much?, any pics and did you have a choice of finish? Wrap or replacement cf finish seems a much better option as I fear a respray will only chip again quickly

Taras at RT-Performance can wrap them for you. Not sure on price as he did mine free of charge as I had just had the zed fully resprayed by them. Send them a PM they generally reply quickly. There are loads of choices of colour and shade. Mine is like a satin black the same kind of shade that is already on them you honestly couldn't tell the difference and it won't chip like paint. The only difference is the feel, they no longer feel rubbery, they just feel smooth. :thumbs:

Taras at RT-Performance can wrap them for you. Not sure on price as he did mine free of charge as I had just had the zed fully resprayed by them. Send them a PM they generally reply quickly. There are loads of choices of colour and shade. Mine is like a satin black the same kind of shade that is already on them you honestly couldn't tell the difference and it won't chip like paint. The only difference is the feel, they no longer feel rubbery, they just feel smooth. :thumbs:

Nice one, it's one of those things that really bugs me everytime i get in and out and wasn't sure how to go about rectifying. I struggle to wrap presents so will let someone else do it properly. Presumably refitted without any probs?

I need to sort mine out too. Looks like freddy krugar had been getting in /out of the car judging by the scratches on the drivers door handle. I really dont know how people can make such a mess, i have not made a single mark on it since ive had the car.

I reckon either women with jewelry or the driver scratching it with keys as they get out.

Nice one, it's one of those things that really bugs me everytime i get in and out and wasn't sure how to go about rectifying. I struggle to wrap presents so will let someone else do it properly. Presumably refitted without any probs?

Yeah it bugged me too, I just wanted to get it sorted but couldn't after spending out on a respray, I was well pleased when Taras had taken it into his own hands to do it for me. He didn't want to give me a nice and shiney car but leave the scratched interior. Fitted back fine, just got to make sure all the controls are in the right position before fixing it back. :)

Thanks for all your thoughts...painting would be OK for a while but would tend to scratch easily again,I think.

Vynyl or CF wrapping could work well, but I would prefer a pair of covers that just clip or stick over,as long as they are well made and a good fit.I did see a pair somewhere that looked the part but were £200 :scare:

Hopefully DannyBoy will inform us when he has his new product...