Couple of quickies ignition & snow mode....

Karlp

Just a couple of questions guys..

My car has a few times taken a couple of seconds to kick in after the iginition has turned, the starter motor is trying to start the engine the suddenly it will kick in not starting straight away when you turn the key :headhurt: , its like when you flood an engine and it starts a couple of times of trying, my cars an auto so shouldnt have any flooding issues? Thinking possibly spark plugs???

Also does anyone use snow mode on eco runs? My is200 had snow mode and a lot of IS owners used it to get an extra few miles out the tank, just wondering if anyone else uses it and if this could harm the engine at all in the long run??

:thumbs:

i dont own an auto but would have thought snow mode will made the gear changes sooner/at lower revs and maybe adjust the throttle response? Should harm the engine otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Starting problem sounds like it could be the battery?

i dont own an auto but would have thought snow mode will made the gear changes sooner/at lower revs and maybe adjust the throttle response? Should harm the engine otherwise it wouldn't be there.

Starting problem sounds like it could be the battery?

Just wanted to check the snow mode, all was okay with my is200.

Its every now again the engine kicks in after a short delay of the ignition turning?

We don't have a snow mode on the zed

I've fitted my own verison of one, it's called a car cover and it stays there until all the snow has gone

Dont have an auto but could be starter motor, maybe even your immobiliser, if your battery in your key fob is on the way put it might not always work, but that's just a guess

Look under the bonnet and check if you got a old Jdm battery which will be tiny. Change the terminals and put a uk battery in which has double the power.

Also snow mode is pap. It doesn't give you better mpg probably worse. Use it , it's dangerous and useless in the snow.

Just a couple of questions guys..

My car has a few times taken a couple of seconds to kick in after the iginition has turned, the starter motor is trying to start the engine the suddenly it will kick in not starting straight away when you turn the key :headhurt: , its like when you flood an engine and it starts a couple of times of trying, my cars an auto so shouldnt have any flooding issues? Thinking possibly spark plugs???

Also does anyone use snow mode on eco runs? My is200 had snow mode and a lot of IS owners used it to get an extra few miles out the tank, just wondering if anyone else uses it and if this could harm the engine at all in the long run??

:thumbs:

Snow mode JDM only.
mpg probably worse.

Would also think it'll slow down the reaction time of the throttle should you need it

i think actually chooses higher gears and allows the car to rev more without transferring too much torque to the wheels. Thats what it does in our xc90. If you change it back to manual quickly while pulling away, it pulls away in 3rd instead of first.

Snow mode JDM only.
mpg probably worse.

Would also think it'll slow down the reaction time of the throttle should you need it

i think actually chooses higher gears and allows the car to rev more without transferring too much torque to the wheels. Thats what it does in our xc90. If you change it back to manual quickly while pulling away, it pulls away in 3rd instead of first.

+1 so your actually driving the engine harder but less output to the wheels.

your actually driving the engine harder but less output to the wheels.
Exactly what i meant earlier :thumbs: due to less output at the wheels, if, say some numpty's coming straight at you sideways, there wouldn't be the response with snow mode off if i'm right in thinking :shrug:

your actually driving the engine harder but less output to the wheels.
Exactly what i meant earlier :thumbs: due to less output at the wheels, if, say some numpty's coming straight at you sideways, there wouldn't be the response with snow mode off if i'm right in thinking :shrug:

Yes so much so that as you say its dangerous. If you ever lean on the button by accident it feels like the car is broke :lol: