Do-luck filters fitting

kch1984

Hi

Does anyone else have do-luck filters in their standard air box (313 model).

I ordered these and they seem a much tighter fit than the OEM items, requiring the airbox to almost be forced shut! I'm worried that they won't sit properly within the airbox but do-luck are saying this is normal and that they are designed so no air escapes?

Anyone any experience of these?

Cheers

Kev

The filters sit in the holders ok but once these are placed in the airbox the outer rubber edge catches on the lid of the airbox and has to be kind of pushed under the lip. This wasn't the case with the Nissan items and I just wondered whether fiddling with the filter to get the airbox closed would push it out of position within the airbox itself?

I'll have another look at the weekend in case I'm doing something daft...

Cheers for the replies!

The filters sit in the holders ok but once these are placed in the airbox the outer rubber edge catches on the lid of the airbox and has to be kind of pushed under the lip. This wasn't the case with the Nissan items and I just wondered whether fiddling with the filter to get the airbox closed would push it out of position within the airbox itself?

Cheers for the replies!

I have no experience with Do-luck filters, however I regularly sell and fit the Cosworth and HKS performance panel filters to the HR air boxes and have had no fitment issues or customer complaints.

Alex. :)

Cheers for the replies!

I have no experience with Do-luck filters, however I regularly sell and fit the Cosworth and HKS performance panel filters to the HR air boxes and have had no fitment issues or customer complaints.

I would second that Alex. The Cosworth filters you supplied me went in perfectly and in fact fitting them was perhaps the easiest job ive ever done on a car!

I know this doesnt exactly help the original poster and his problem though :headhurt:

If I'd known the fit was so tight I might have looked elsewhere!

Good news is I checked the filters at the weekend and I'm happy they sit in place properly, as I said, just that bit neater than the Nissan OEM items...

For next time :thumbs:;)

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=42009

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=42011

viewforum.php?f=157