Where is my Mic cable?

slimjim

If your looking for the oem on I'd say that could be tricky, my headunit wasn't phone ready so bought JVC Bluetooth kit which comes with standalone mic and fitted that instead of trying to fathom out which wire if any would be used for the mic?

If you're buying a new head unit and it has bluetooth use the mic that comes with it. If you're buying a head unit without a mic it's likely that there won't be a mic socket anyhow. :) In any event the original mic (THB) probably won't work with other equipment anyway.

I have a pioneer btb-200 unit that I am linking the H/U too (still not sure where I will be able to hide it!)

Just wanted to pinch the cable from the standard roof mounted mic, which I am sure is just a standard twin core Mic.

No-one done this?

sparky350z... any pics of your mic in situ on the a-pillar? :)

I ran the mic that came with my Pioneer up the A Pillar works absolutely fine for me :thumbs:

I think trying to do anything with the OEM mic is likely to fail, and as it is in the dome of death I personally would not risk it :surrender:

Does the Pioneer BT unit not come with its own mic?

Starting to agree with you RE doing anything OEM. :headhurt:

Yes, I have a mic, just wanted to try to use standard.... :wacko:

I ran the mic that came with my Pioneer up the A Pillar works absolutely fine for me :thumbs:

I think trying to do anything with the OEM mic is likely to fail, and as it is in the dome of death I personally would not risk it :surrender:

Does the Pioneer BT unit not come with its own mic?

Starting to agree with you RE doing anything OEM. :headhurt:

Yes, I have a mic, just wanted to try to use standard.... :wacko:

You will probably find the Pioneer one is WAY better than the oem one anyway and given the frequency problems with the bose amps etc you could end up using this to make calls -

megaphone.jpg

If your looking for the oem one I'd say that could be tricky, my headunit wasn't phone ready so bought JVC Bluetooth kit which comes with standalone mic and fitted that instead of trying to fathom out which wire if any would be used for the mic?

I rest my case :teeth:

I ran my cable all the way round the A pillar over the screen behind the headlining and just left of the visor, so that a passenger can talk on the phone without struggling to reach the mic on the A pillar without shouting :thumbs:

If your looking for the oem one I'd say that could be tricky, my headunit wasn't phone ready so bought JVC Bluetooth kit which comes with standalone mic and fitted that instead of trying to fathom out which wire if any would be used for the mic?

I ran my cable all the way round the A pillar over the screen behind the headlining and just left of the visor, so that a passenger can talk on the phone without struggling to reach the mic on the A pillar without shouting :thumbs:

Thats a lot of trouble to go to for a passenger, I take the stand that a passenger is lucky to be in the car with me anyway :lol:

Love to be around when you tell Mary that ;)

Thats a lot of trouble to go to for a passenger, I take the stand that a passenger is lucky to be in the car with me anyway :lol:

Yes, Yes... you are right Ian :p

But I do agree with Dave on your other point... isn't the hands free kit only for drivers? The passenger can just use the phone!

it does come with one but i bought it of a friend who didnt bother taking his dash apart when removing the head unit so i have no mic. so anyone know what i can replace it with?

Pretty sure you can just use any mic... Seems like a standard 2 pin mic.

Could even use headphones as a mic at a push till you get a proper one. ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230618153068

it does come with one but i bought it of a friend who didnt bother taking his dash apart when removing the head unit so i have no mic. so anyone know what i can replace it with?

Just check the connection on the back of the unit, I think mine is a 2.5mm mini jack, have a look on the Pioneer website and download the manual for your unit that should have all the technical info :thumbs: