370z's baby brother

LRF4N

Was just about to post about this.

It's pipped to be the new 200sx. At a massive 150kws (whatever that is in bhp - not very much). :thumbdown: I can't understand why you'd put such a small power plant in a car that's purportedly going on the 370z chassis and is supposed to be sports car. For those that don't know the S15 200sx, it was 165kws (whatever the bhp is can't remember) the Spec R having the turbo to provide a bit of extra omph. Curb weight this end of the pond was at 1267kgs.

Back step, if that's what they do. In my opinion anyway. It's a bit like a Celica in that case, looks the part, but can't deliver the speed. Really waters down the whole purpose of a sports car.

Link to our major newspaper over here, article ran in this mornings paper.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news ... d=10571208

I read somewhere that they have managed to mate a electric motor into the 7AT torque converter of the 370z/G37. I would imagine they will use something similar with a smaller motor to give a similar power output, maybe even more torque than the current cars!

I also read it's the 200sx replacement but there's an s16 in the pipeline that's completely different to this. Looks more like a 100nx sized car?

Following on with the models, S16 would still be a Sylvia if they retain the model number line. We'll wait and see what comes to fruition.