Rusty Arch **Now with Pic Page 2**

wackosr

Afternoon all.

After some advice/help please?! :surrender:

I've spotted a small patch of rust bubbles on the rear arch where it meets the bumper. :thumbdown:

Don't recall seeing it when I piched the car up a few months ago! :blush:

Had a good feel under the arch this morning when I spotted it and there seemed to be a lot of dirt sat/stuck on the inner lip.

I'm sure this hasn't helped and would stop water from running away too.

The car in a Jan 04 on a 53 plate, UK GT in silver.

What's my best course of attack please??

Cheers

Jacko

How long is Nissans antiperforation warranty? I seem to remember it's only 7 years, but provided your paint inspection has been carried out and signed off at every service, maybe Nissan will cover this.

How long is Nissans antiperforation warranty? I seem to remember it's only 7 years, but provided your paint inspection has been carried out and signed off at every service, maybe Nissan will cover this.

Who likes word games?

Hell a chance not in :lol:

Who likes word games?

Hell a chance not in :lol:

Cheers guys, but unfortunatley even if this was the case the last two services haven't been done by a main steeler! :blush:

Looks like I'll be going down the repair route, just hope it looks okay!!

Still, it's only a max 10p sized spot, so should be faitly inconspicous.

If I had the money a full respray would be nice!

Right, just had a look in the service book.

It does say it had a corrosion warranty of 12 years.

Providing the paint is checked when 3 years old, than annually.

But! I can't find anywhere in the book for these checks to be signed off!

Any ideas??

Cheers Jacko

Doesnt matter if it was done by a dealer or not, so long as the "paint inspection" part of the service book was filled out.

My 07 has FNSH but never had a paint inspection, I always ask at service time and they always tell me that the paint inspection part of the service book is only used if the service isn't carried out by Nissan. i.e: if Nissan service your car then the inspection is covered as part of the service stamp.

Right, just had a look in the service book.

It does say it had a corrosion warranty of 12 years.

Providing the paint is checked when 3 years old, than annually.

But! I can't find anywhere in the book for these checks to be signed off!

Any ideas??

Cheers Jacko

Its the pages straight after the service stamps pages.

My 07 has FNSH but never had a paint inspection, I always ask at service time and they always tell me that the paint inspection part of the service book is only used if the service isn't carried out by Nissan. i.e: if Nissan service your car then the inspection is covered as part of the service stamp.

They're lying. Who ever performs the service, should sign the book, regardless of if its Nissan Dealer or not.

It is the record of your cars paintwork and the only proof you have should you have to claim against Nissan for corrosion. The Paint inspection itself is not actually on the "Service Checklist".

Are you sure the car hasn't had a knock on that corner and been repaired?

Factory galvanised steel and paint shouldn't bubble up that fast.

:scare: I hope not!! Well, it doesn't llok like it has been, but the repair may just be a good one! Unfortunately it's had a few owners, so god only knows.

I'll have to give it a clean and take a couple of pics to show the damage.

Cheers

Jacko

Only needs a small stone chip for a rust bubble to start - not necessarily a sign of accident damage.

Only needs a small stone chip for a rust bubble to start - not necessarily a sign of accident damage.

:doh: That sounds better!! :)

Must admit, didn't notice anything amiss under the car when fitting the exhaust at the weekend.

I feel bad I have the same year but JDM :scare:

All bodywork is sound luckily, has been undersealed too, will be locked up for winter!!

Shedding, not Zedding!

Id get it into a b shop sooner rather than later and get it all sealed, will be cheaper than 2-3 hundred when it gets worse in a year or 2..or less with the salt.

My FTO had the arches done inc welding at £400 was back 2 years later. But I winter drove it, they are still acceptable.

Hi Coppz,

I think I've just been unlucky, I wouldn't worry too much.

I've not had her too long and there was quite a build up of dirt in the lip behind the arch, which probably contributed towards this bubble!

I must admit, I do a lot of shedding too, so the Zed will spend most of the winter in the garage, especially if the gritters have been out.

To be honest if the weather was bad I probably wouldn't get out of the street, had a good laugh at a TT last year that couldn't get up the slope!

By undersealed, do you mean wax oil?

Definitely worth getting the bubble fixed and then the car treated, don't want it to slowy rot away on the drive!

Cheers

Jacko

Haha..It was quite a funny winter tbh.. Saw all sorts...Ill be looking for a skinny tyred shed soon enough.

Wax oil is the same idea I believe, not sure of the exact stuff.

Saying that, I have noticed that the inside arches are without, but I am looking at keeping it covered or locked up for the grubby months.. depressing really! :lol:

Yes, living next to a set of sweeping bends ment the curtains didn't get closed so we could watch people pirouette outside our window! :lol:

Okay, cool, thanks for that.

I'll have to get it sored out soon and coated before the weather gets worse!!

Cheers

Jacko