iPod shuffle?

had ham

Plugging the kids iPods/iPhones works fine on my 2011 370Z Connect Premium Roadster. I don't do Apple products as a rule, but I have a PC with all my CDs burnt into iTunes and I want to listen to some of them in the car. So I bought a cheap as chips £40 iPod shuffle and filled it up with my music.

But the bloody car just says 'check USB/iPod' when I plug it in.

Any ideas/tips on how to make it work?

Cheers all!

Not sure what the prob could be, my Ipod touch lags quite a bit when switching between folders etc(I'm not a great fan of apple tech either to be honest), what I find to be better, is just using a USB stick. I have a 16gb one plugged into the car(More than an Ipod shuffle I think). Easier to drop files onto from your PC too I find. Just a thought!

Not sure what the prob could be, my Ipod touch lags quite a bit when switching between folders etc(I'm not a great fan of apple tech either to be honest), what I find to be better, is just using a USB stick. I have a 16gb one plugged into the car(More than an Ipod shuffle I think). Easier to drop files onto from your PC too I find. Just a thought!

Many thanks for that - is there an easy way to put my iTunes onto a USB? I have an 8GB one hanging on my key ring, so this would be ideal!

You should be able to just drag the folders over from your itunes folder onto the memory stick pal. It recognizes mp3 and wmv files, and you can scroll through the folders using the dial. Once you have the folder or album you want, hit select, and it switches to track names within that folder. Hope this helps!

You should be able to just drag the folders over from your itunes folder onto the memory stick pal. It recognizes mp3 and wmv files, and you can scroll through the folders using the dial. Once you have the folder or album you want, hit select, and it switches to track names within that folder. Hope this helps!

Just tried it, works brilliantly. So wasted £40 on an iPod - I hate Apple with a passion!

Many, many thanks for the advice, much appreciated!