Track Day Cars

Peter10

Does anyone have a track day car here? If it wasn't for the fact I live in probably the worst location for a race track I would seriously be thinking of getting a car just to drive to the track, have some fun and come home again.

I've not tracked my 350z and I still don't know if I would want to, but the thought of a track day car is pretty appealing. Especially bike powered cars, cheap to run rather than getting a 3.0L monster.

If you do have one, what do you have?

If you want one, what would you get? (with a realistic price) Personally, I would want something that is fun, not only on a track but on normal trips too. I would be looking for a Mini Cooper with a Hayabusa or R1 engine in (0-60 in 3.5 seconds :teeth:).

Speak to phill Couts @ Torque motors in Worcester as he prepares these to FIA specs(chassis, roll cage, aero only) for very competitive prices and he can direct you to where you can eke a bullet proof 400HP out of that lump(M3 3.2 evo or 3.0) for endless enjoyment and reliability both on track or drifting.

http://www.torquespeeduk.com

I've just sold an MX5 that was a road legal track car and have just moved to a Nissan Primera thats going to be track only so I can remove a lot of the problem road legal parts.

I don't do a lot of track days but building something yourself for 1 or 2 days epic fun a year is quite exciting.