99.9% sure i will be buying the 350Z Monday :-)

alfawookie

Its an 04 GT in my chosen colour of orange & matching colour seats,fully loaded + parking sensor,even has a DVD player! its done 25,000 & is selling for £8990.Only downside it doesnt have the Rays on each corner but i can live with that i guess. So my question is what do you all think of the price,would i be cheeky to offer £8000? I will be part exchanging my Alfa 147 02 plate,should get at least £600 - £800 for that,fingers crossed!

The price is a little high for the year but that is good mileage, obviously I have not seen the car.

I would definately go in with a lower price, as my Dad always said, "If you don't ask, you don't get". The worst they can say is no but gives room for negotiation. If you are buying from a garage, it will all depend how much money they owe on the car and how long they have had it. The garage where I bought mine has had a Z on the forecourt for around 6 months now and every now and then, they take £500 off the price, I am sure now they just want rid of it.

Doesnt hurt to offer, but if you are doing a part ex your flexibility will be less. Cant you just sell you car on ebay? Thats what i did. Dealer offered me 700quid for my old car. I sold it on ebay within 5 days for 2200quid.

I always find car dealers are a hard bunch to deal with. They very seldom drop the price and if they do its only by a small amount. They would rather you walk away and they get stuck with the car, than sell it for a quick profit. When I was looking for my zed I found one at a dealer for 15k, I offered 14k and he said no and suggested 14850 was the best he could do. I walked. The guy then was stuck with the car and I saw it a few months later and it was down to 13k in the window! :lol:

You would have thought in this day and age, a dealer would be keen to off-load a zed quick as not everyone can afford to run one.

I really need a low milage Z as will be using it daily in my job,i can upto 120miles a day & spend upto 3 hrs in it too! Yes its an 04 but its the milage that has swung it + is fully loaded apart from the wheels,the Z is unfortunately 130miles away from where i live,so i hope its not gonna be a waisted journey,but i will walk away if im not happy with the price. It is also a Fiat dealer so they normally take on Alfas too! Thanks for all the advice :)

I know I will probably be shot down in flames for this but I will say it anyway.

Have you thought about calling the dealer up and asking whether there is any movement in the price before travelling the 130 miles? I know bargaining is going to be much better when you are there in person willing to do a deal but you could have a long trip only to be told no way.

I would drop them a line and say that you have seen it advertised but think for the year it is over priced. You would be willing to travel down but want to know that if you like it etc etc etc there is room for negotiation. If you get a firm no way! atleast you know what you are dealing with.

Let the onslaught begin. :teeth:

I got my car from a Peugeot dealer who took it in part ex. The fact it was listed for more than a brand new Peugeot told me it was somewhat overpriced. I got them down £800 + got an extra £250 for my Fiesta (on top of what they offered for it). Some dealers need the space on the forecourt more than anything else.