State of the Roads

Marios

Is it me or are the state of the roads getting absolutely dire - I cant think of a road that has not got pot holes and bump and uneven tarmac.

I live in Birmingham area and literally I can't enjoy driving around as im bouncing around all over the place.

Is it the same everywhere else or is it because the ride quality on the Z is poor?

Same everywhere pal, at a punt its a clean up cost of something like £10bn but the country only has £2bn to pay for it all.

Am amazed though, a few potholes near me got filled, then they were back again about a week later. Its not cold, not overly hot, why bother spending money on shoddy workmanship.

Find a road where a local councillor lives and drive down that it'll be smooth as silk :angry:

Also.. STOP CHIPPING PERFECTLY GOOD ROADS EVERY YEAR AND SPEND THE MONEY ON RESURFACING RUBBISH ROADS PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE :rant:

Drove 3k miles accross Canada in 07 and again in 08 and came accross virtually no potholes. The problem with our roads is that they are mostly laid on ye olde cart tracks..

The roads around my area are really bad.

I work at a vehicle Proving ground where they have special surfaces to simulate potholes etc. What they need to do is replicate my road. It will vigarously test any vehicle

Find a road where a local councillor lives and drive down that it'll be smooth as silk :angry:

Also.. STOP CHIPPING PERFECTLY GOOD ROADS EVERY YEAR AND SPEND THE MONEY ON RESURFACING RUBBISH ROADS PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE :rant:

Drove 3k miles accross Canada in 07 and again in 08 and came accross virtually no potholes. The problem with our roads is that they are mostly laid on ye olde cart tracks..

Part of a road nearby us came up really badly, underneath you could see the old pebble stone road still underneath, probably about three or four hundred years old - they just lay tarmac on these ancient uneven roads and it falls off...no big surprises there.

Aye, lot of roads I see where temporary repairs were made after the cold snap have broken up again. Big contrast to the surface re-laid at Sainsburys round the corner from where I work. Smooth as silk, the entire carpark. That's the contractor we need working on the roads! :lol:

The main road through our village has more craters than the moon :lol: So couldn't believe it a couple of months ago when the council sent out a crew to resurface a 2-300m section of pavement on a fairly steep bit of hill that no-one in the village uses :bangin: meanwhile, even in the shed, driving in/out the village is like being on a rally course

Drove 3k miles accross Canada in 07 and again in 08 and came accross virtually no potholes.

Yeah, quite true, America is the same too. Amazingly one of the reasons is that because the winters are much colder than ours they can leave a compressed layer of snow which protects the roads against frost damage. The snow they get is much drier than the usual snow we get here so it compresses instead of turning into a slushy mess, it's the constant freezing, thawing cycle we get here that does the damage. Of course, snow chains are pretty pretty well compulsory in places like Colorado which is another reason why they don't clear the roads right down to the Tarmac. Most of the damage over there is done in the summer months when roads can literally melt :lol:

Pete