Total Newbie

Hi there,

I'm totally new to the site so forgive me if I've asked alot of stupid and regular questions. I currently drive and 06 BMW 520d Msport and fancy something a bit different and a 350z is one of the possible options. What is a good price to pay for a UK 06 reg model with GT pack with average miles? What date did the engine change to the higher 296BHP and what date or registration was the last model change? Ideally I would like one with Nav and the nismo aero kit and decent sized alloys (although I could purchase alloys seperately), I could afford up to 24-25k, could I get one with all the gubbins for this?

I do around 82 miles a day so probably not the best car to choose but hey, you only live once. I'd say id do about 8 miles motorway, 5 miles city and 29 miles of country A roads, what kind of MPG could I expect if driving sensibly most of the time? Had a look on a previous post and mileage seems to vary from 20-30mpg. Anyone do a similar trek and what are they getting.

What are servicing costs like seen as it needs to be serviced every 9000 miles. How often are major services?

Are they any other bad points besides MPG and constant servicing?

Thanks for any help in advance! :thumbs:

Welcome Hardy

A brief couple of pointers for you.

I do 70 miles a day, no problem, the more miles the more fun!

I think that all 06's are 296, GT4's are nice (see Sarnie for advice)

Price you may be lucky with 25K

MPG depends how you drive, I get around 23 MPG

Serving is much more resonable than a BMW, £300 ish for the bigun?

Bad Points, some, outwayed by the good points though

Clicking rear axle, warrenty job

Bose (clarion) stereo CD player skips warrenty job

Cup holder, made out of lego

Thats pretty much it

Pro's

Exclusive due to limited numbers

Head Turner

Great Noise

Fantastic driver

Will be a classic

Cheers

Marc

I think I paid £190 for my last service (P2).

The only complaint I have had with the car is that i constantly leave the indicators on as they dont click loud enough.

I really wish you had an additional hatch behind the drivers seat.

A minor gripe but hey!

Yep £180 for a P2. I've had no niggles and enjoyed every minute so far. Lots and lots of plus point and very few minus point for me and it's certainly a head turner. Even seen people turn round and walk back to look.

:welcome: by the way

:welcome: to the forum.

I do a similar journey although around 50 miles and am averaging around 24 mpg. The 06 model was introduced into the UK in May, but it was about late June until deliveries were been taken.

Whats the easiesy way to spot whether a model is an 06 model and not an older model registered later?

I do a similar journey although around 50 miles and am averaging around 24 mpg. The 06 model was introduced into the UK in May, but it was about late June until deliveries were been taken.

Whats the easiesy way to spot whether a model is an 06 model and not an older model registered later?

easy way to tell is the 06 has a small cut out in bottom of lip on front spoiler (in truth about the only way to tell at most distances ;) )

easy way to tell is the 06 has a small cut out in bottom of lip on front spoiler (in truth about the only way to tell at most distances ;) )

Also only 2 slats in the grille and LED tail lights.

Also only 2 slats in the grille and LED tail lights.

Not entirely true. I have an 06 thats not a MY06. I have LED rear lights and a Nismo bumper which does not have an indentaion or the two slats. Therefore the only external way of knowing that my car is not a MY06 is the headlights :thumbs:

The easiest way is to just look at the interior :)