My turn for a stupid question about HFC's

Keyser

Due to a strange set of circumstances I have 2 sets of Berks HFC's,

One brand new and waiting to go on in place of the DeCats when I get my piggy back ECU and remap done. The other are "a few years old" and came with the SC Zed I bought from Steady,

They passed the NCT? (Irish MOT equivalent) last year but failed a UK MOT this year .... the inspector said they probably needed warming up but didn't have time so he put standard CATs on and passed the MOT.

Now the stupid question - apart from putting them on my car and getting an emission test done is there any way of knowing if they are working correctly?

I want to sell them but don't want to sell something that's not working!

I assume the answer is "put them back on and get an emissions test" but thought it would be fun to see how much abuse I got for asking. :lol::dry::wacko:

:lol: thats a hard one to answer. Sell them as is with the history and reflected in the price is the answer I'd say. :thumbs: why not keep the decats in place and get a race cat further down the line? hmmm you got true dual exhaust?

Yup true dual on mine :)

I took off those HFC's for Decats as I wasn't particularly happy with them despite them passing the NCT - they are a few years old now and have likely reached their end of life if they didn't pass the MOT - sure you could go for a good burn beforehand and it'll likely pass but 2nd hand is not the way to purchase HFC's imo - its why I never bothered selling them myself.

I took off those HFC's for Decats as I wasn't particularly happy with them despite them passing the NCT - they are a few years old now and have likely reached their end of life if they didn't pass the MOT - sure you could go for a good burn beforehand and it'll likely pass but 2nd hand is not the way to purchase HFC's imo - its why I never bothered selling them myself.

Why isn't it good to purchase used HFCs?