370Z Smartop module

andyzed

H Ha. Just checked the prices, can't find the 370Z prices online but the others range from £270 - £350 for most models (Porsche of course receiving the obligatory hike up to £500 for no reason :angry: ). My guess, as it's new, it'll be £350. Two companies offering them - CKS Performance and PFS-Parts - both on eBay.

So, assuming it's £350, I reckon they'll only knock off about £25 (as, in all honesty, it's going to be a pretty small group-buy, unless we include the 350Z boys).

£200 I'm in :yahoo: . £325 I'm out :scare: .

mods4cars are selling it at €249 plus €30 shipping from the US :thumbs:

That's getting somewhere near isn't it (about £252 given todays exchange rate). How would support work if purchased from the states?? Did I see something about getting some cashback is you mention your fantastic purchase on a forum??? Would we all get it???

I'm trying to calculate how often I'd actually use the features; so far -:

1) when approaching car (instead of standing like a knob holding the door handle button

2) when it starts spitting

3) when arriving home from work to things speed up

• 1 month later...

Hi, ordered the module directly from mods4cars, paid €249 plus €30 for UPS shipping...

It left yesterday should arrive tomorrow/friday :clap:

have the install instructions, does not look too bad :bangin: (famous last words)

Will do a small DIY but guys in the US have already installed them and say they are brilliant, they way it should work from the beginning ...

Bubba out

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just brought one on friday and installed in my car today, so far its not working, it would appear like the supplied wiring loom isn't correct for the UK model. I've filed a support ticket, has anyone got one in the UK working?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I just brought one on friday and installed in my car today, so far its not working, it would appear like the supplied wiring loom isn't correct for the UK model. I've filed a support ticket, has anyone got one in the UK working?

Cheers

Any update on this?? Just wondering a) did things get resolved OK B) how did you find the fitting c) how are you finding it to live with??

Guys

Just noted an update to the software for the 370Z module which says "to support Euro model remote" so maybe this will sort out the problem with the UK 370Z see link, if you go to this link: http://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/inde ... STHFNN1#cl you should be able to download the latest software to your module.

You need to install the windows programme first to your PC to allow you to update your module instructions on how to do this can be found here: http://www.mods4cars.com/m4cupdate/manual/en.php

I purchased my Smartop Module from Mods4Cars for the SL500, was very easy to fit as they had a installation Video and clear pics on their website for each module. SL 500 module took approx 30mins to fit and only required 4 connections and was supplied with the proper connections for the car so no wiring was altered. Module can be deactivated through the steering column switches so if the car is going in for service repair etc, it it doesn't show up when interrogating the electronics through the OBDII socket, best to programme it via the USB socket before installation as you can bring up a table on your PC and just set the parameters for each function. The SL500 module also controls the windows and CL as well as the roof via the cars remote. Found the after sales support to be very good and any questions were answered quickly

If you go onto the mods4cars website you can download the programme required to set up the module and update each module to latest software version as they sometimes tweek the software to perform other functions after feedback from users etc.

Installation in the 370Z is a bit more time consuming looking at the following instructions:

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/db/smartto ... all/en.php

Could be LHD 370Z wiring is slightly different from UK cars but site doesn't specify it's for LHD cars only.

Only thing I found is when connecting the supplied power and ground spade connectors it is difficult to see if they are connected properly when pushed together as the plastic covers are opaque, they do mention that this needs to be checked first if you are having problems with activating the module which is indicated by the green LED flashing on the module when activated with the remote.

So far can't fault the module or after sales support, and I'm sure if there are any gremlins with the 370Z module they will sort them out.

• 1 month later...

Ok, yes I have one fitted to mine ....

Suffered initially on the key fob problem, but the software update cured that ...

Then had a a problem with windows not going up after the top going down from the key fob (with ignition off) .. It worked fine with the ignition on.

After a lot of talking to mods4cars, which I have to say have very good support, it would appear the loom to control module had a different pin out ... The manual says splice into the yellow wire, but if you look carefully this enters the connector on the top right. On the UK loom the pink wire is top left.... therefore you have to splice to the pink wire to ensure windows work with ignition off. They are in the process of updating the manual.

Aside from that install was easy. Routing the wiring is also fine, so long as you take you time and cable tie things so nice and tidy ...

Having lived with it now for a few months, its worth every penny. If only to be able to push the close button once whilst driving up the house, so its all complete before you park up.... SWEEET

Then of course walking up to the car in the car park, tapping the fob in your pocket, and the top goes down as you get in, start up and drive off :#1:B)B)B)

• 3 weeks later...

Missed your update Bubba; thanks for this.

Am really tempted by this mod but might as well wait until we start seeing some sunshine again next year. Massive expense at the minute with a 3 week old baby at home & decorating, etc, plus just negotiated a Breitling for the missus for Crimbo too (right after announcing no presents this year :blush: ) - aren't I nice :p . Funds are stretched to say the least :headhurt: .