370Z GPS DVD compatibility

370 RM

Hi all

I've just relocated from Australia and have brought my 370Z with me which arrived on Monday.

My car was purchased new in July 2009 and has the DVD based satnav system. Does anyone here know if a UK Navteq GPS DVD will work on an Australian 370Z?

Unfortunately not a single dealer can tell me an answer; in Australia Nissan told me that all cars in the UK come with hard drive only (which I know isn’t true). In Australia, it came with a disc with 'where is' maps. I can buy a DVD from Navteq but don’t want to spend £159 if the disc won’t work and whilst I can go out and buy a tom-tom etc, I would prefer to use the inbuilt system.

PS this is my first post in the UK forum so apologies if it is in the wrong section

:welcome:

Where abouts are you based? We have a few members with MY09 370z so may be able to try one of their discs out? I cant for one reason think why if you didnt get the right disc it wont work.

Spot on with the section BTW :thumbs:

:welcome:

Where abouts are you based? We have a few members with MY09 370z so may be able to try one of their discs out? I cant for one reason think why if you didnt get the right disc it wont work.

Spot on with the section BTW :thumbs:

Many thanks

Im over in Essex at the moment

It appears X6 is <2005 and X7 is >2005 with a change over somewhere in 2005. Would be interesting to see how this works with the newer 370z with HDD rather than DVD maps. I guess it copies the maps onto the HDD, or it simply doesnt work with MY10+ 370z. I didnt realise X7 was for the newer 350z's too, I thought they were X6 :thumbs: