Standard Speakers

doigadam

I have not long had my Z. It has a aftermarket head unit and I would guess standard speakers. I can turn the stereo up to full and isnt loud at all. Is this just a speaker problem? I would have thought that the stero and sound would have been decent coming from Bose.

Probably needs an in-line volume booster-thing, a common necessity with aftermarket head units on the Bose setup. That said, I didn't need one for the Alpine unit I put in mine, so it very much depends.

That's not what the Loud or Loudness setting is for (and I'm only saying this because I only just learnt it the other day!). It's actually for when you want to listen to music at a low volume but still want the clarity, so it boosts both the top and bottom end and you end up with a slightly punchier sound at low volume. You then need to turn it off when you crank it up else you'll have waaaaay too much bass and treble.

Probably needs an in-line volume booster-thing, a common necessity with aftermarket head units on the Bose setup. That said, I didn't need one for the Alpine unit I put in mine, so it very much depends.

I have never hear of this. What is it??? Also when I plug my iPod in to the AUX its even worse. Even with the iPod volume upto full as well.

That's not what the Loud or Loudness setting is for (and I'm only saying this because I only just learnt it the other day!). It's actually for when you want to listen to music at a low volume but still want the clarity, so it boosts both the top and bottom end and you end up with a slightly punchier sound at low volume. You then need to turn it off when you crank it up else you'll have waaaaay too much bass and treble.

True. However most head units flatten the sound again themselves when you turn it on close to max.

If you are running amps it can clog the bass on average volume.

I doubt it's the loudness. Use the search mate. I am sure there is a thread for it somewhere here.

I had the same problem. It's the Bose amp, really odd. the amp does not like any other head unit. I binned my Bose head unit after 3 months from new and it screwed the power up and mine was fitted by so called professionals.

In the end I junked the lot and went for new Head, amps, and speakers. Never looked back.

Alpine flip out head, Alpine amps and sub. Hertz speakers. Good rounded sound with punch. No more skipping CD, no more farting bass and ipod connection with on screen control. It's the future...... :teeth: