Kakimoto exhaust

sinbad

Leading on from my other post here are some pics of my Kakimoto exhaust which is Y-pipe back.

The exhaust is now on my car and i'll post further pics on this thread when i manage to clean the Zed.

I know the ecu is meant to adjust itself but i have definately made some sort of performance gain which i can only describe as pulling stronger through the revs, the kakimoto weighs roughly the same as the OEM back box. anyway here are the pics.

tailpipe1.jpg

kaimoto1logo.jpg

centresection.jpg

reguR.jpg

jasma.jpg

Kakimoto.jpg

Pics are from my phone so their not that good..sorry.

I'll see if i can get a soundclip up sometime but this will also be done on my phone so quality of that mite be iffy too. It sounds better under load nothing over the top or chavvy just a deep throaty rumble at low revs with a change in note as the revs rise turning into a kinda purping sound?? lol. if that makes any sense to you. Overall i couldnt be happier, Sound quality and also build quality are top. Its certainly pleasing on the ear! :teeth:

The exhaust is hanging a little low for me personally (as in you can see the canister of each exhaust) so im going to try and raise it somehow and get the tailpipes to fit the bumber holes alittle snugger. Once ive done that and cleaned the car up then i'll be putting the pics on this thread.

Pics are from my phone so their not that good..sorry.

I'll see if i can get a soundclip up sometime but this will also be done on my phone so quality of that mite be iffy too. It sounds better under load nothing over the top or chavvy just a deep throaty rumble at low revs with a change in note as the revs rise turning into a kinda purping sound?? lol. if that makes any sense to you. Overall i couldnt be happier, Sound quality and also build quality are top. Its certainly pleasing on the ear! :teeth:

The exhaust is hanging a little low for me personally (as in you can see the canister of each exhaust) so im going to try and raise it somehow and get the tailpipes to fit the bumber holes alittle snugger. Once ive done that and cleaned the car up then i'll be putting the pics on this thread.

nice one dude :thumbs:

Leading on from my other post here are some pics of my Kakimoto exhaust which is Y-pipe back.

The exhaust is now on my car and i'll post further pics on this thread when i manage to clean the Zed.

I know the ecu is meant to adjust itself but i have definately made some sort of performance gain which i can only describe as pulling stronger through the revs, the kakimoto weighs roughly the same as the OEM back box. anyway here are the pics.

It sure looks loud, from the size of the mufflers B)

I do have doubts about the objective performance gain of this system, i dont think it will change a lot if you dont have any other mods, but usually the sound it makes will add a new sensation to your driving, so it might seem faster. I currently have a nismo cat-back system and i havent noticed any performance gains, but it sure sounds schweet B)

Anyhow, i guess your main reason to upgrade was the sound, and reading from your posts it surely sounds nice, so, go you :thumbs:

Your right i did buy this purely for the sound and looks. I did not expect any performance gains at all especially as it is only a small section of the exhaust and does not include the Y-pipe or decats. I also have read on here that the ecu is meant to alter things and cancel out any effect that the exhaust may have but i can genuinly and honestly say i feel i have gained some performance. Its nothing major but it seems to pull better throught the revs. I've got a K&N typoon fitted (and had the HKS SLD wired in although i guess this will have not done anything) but the exhaust seems to have matched the intake perfectly. I understand you being sceptical and It could be that my standard exhaust was faulty or whatever but the car definatley runs smoother even from a cold start up.

Id love to have rolling roaded this before and after fitting, but its too late for that now. I'll just have to get r/r anyway.

Maybe the sound is giving me a different sensation but it doesn't seem that way.

I'd have loved to get hold of the Nismo or HKS but they were alittle out of my price range. The Kakimoto was only a month old and less than half its original price.

ir_fuel - lol! :D

lomoto - Next mod? Mmmmm i've been thinking about this. :headhurt:

Being Jap like yours it didnt come with the rear spoiler so i dont know if it needs one or even a whole bodykit fitting. Ive also been thinking about 19" wheels, new ecu, Tokico dampers and RS-R springs and even the Y-pipe.

i think the body mods and 19" wheels are edging ahead though. If i won the lottery i'd be having all them done at once!