Dome bulb gone....

slimjim

Plenty available on ebay. You require a 31mm festoon bulb with a rating of 8 watts if you want the same type.

As Husky said you can go for white LED ones which do look good. I replaced mine with LED units that have 12 surface mount LEDs on a board in the middle. They give good light output and are simple to change over.

The dome light unit comes out really easily in one section and just unclips. You then just unclip the clear diffusers on each side and replace the bulbs (push fit) and then clip back together. If you get LED ones then you'll have to make sure they are put in the correct way around as they are polarity sensitive.

Yep. :)

Get two so you can replace both. ;)

cool... and they WON'T kill my BCM? :headhurt:

No. Not unless you manage to short out the terminals somehow, but you would have to try hard to do that! Don't worry its an easy change. ;)

If you do short the terminals (better if you don't) I can repair your BCM for you so don't panic :thumbs:
No. Not unless you manage to short out the terminals somehow, but you would have to try hard to do that! Don't worry its an easy change. ;)

WOO HOO!!!

Right, ordered two of the beggers...

Knowing me.. I MIGHT screw something up, so I will just whip the positive off the battery, just to be sure. 30 second thing to do, in order to save a load of pain! :thumbs:

Thanks guys! :#1:

If you do short the terminals (better if you don't) I can repair your BCM for you so don't panic :thumbs:

WOO HOO!!!

Right, ordered two of the beggers...

Knowing me.. I MIGHT screw something up, so I will just whip the positive off the battery, just to be sure. 30 second thing to do, in order to save a load of pain! :thumbs:

Thanks guys! :#1:

No probs.

ps, its safer and easier to just remove the -ve terminal. Does exactly the same thing but stops the possibility of you shorting out your spanner on something if you were taking the +ve off. :)

No probs.

ps, its safer and easier to just remove the -ve terminal. Does exactly the same thing but stops the possibility of you shorting out your spanner on something if you were taking the +ve off. :)

I MEANT negative... I promise!!!

Muppet typing skills :bangin:

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo!

Lights turned up today.... Fitted and they look ace :teeth:

Only problem NOW is.... The vanity mirror lights are way too yellow! :lol:

So, can they be changed to the same colour? What do I get?

Husky? :dummy:

• 2 weeks later...