Autoglass...crazy customer service

HEADPHONES

In 2008 the missus picked up a bad chip on the windscreen the size of a pea.

Autoglass repaired it so the surface was smooth despite a circular defect still visible.

Today her car failed the MOT due to a dipped defect over the chip where the resin must have worn away.

The document I was given after the repair stated the repair was garanteed for life as long I owned the car and gave a customer service number should I have future probs.

I duely rang the number and gave the job number etc explaining I needed a new repair as the old one was now failing MOT standards.

"Has a crack propagated from the chip sir?"

"NO"

"Well the repair hasn't failed then"

"BUT MY CAR WON'T PASS WITH A DENT OVER THE CHIP"

"Well we don't guarantee the repair to pass the MOT....only against crack formation"

"SO I CAN'T PASS AN MOT BUT I CAN SLEEP EASY KNOWING THIS GARANTEE IS FOR AS LONG I OWN THE CAR?"

"Yes sir.....for as long as you own the car, if it turns to a crack we will remedy the situation under warranty"

:dry:

Decided to bypass customer service and go to the local depot instead where a reasonable bloke just spent 5min adding some resin over the top removing the defect.

COMMON SENSE STILL EXISTS THANK GOD

I must admit I'm not particularly a fan of Autoglass either since my recent windscreen replacement!!!

Unfortunately driving to work a few weeks ago I was caught my a UFO (or perhaps just a rather large stone from a truck passing on the other side) which caused a chip at the base of the black strip of the Zed windscreen......could hardly notice it as was hidden from my driving view by the rear facing mirror.

When arriving at work and after closer inspection, the chip was apparent so a call to my insurance was made. Informed to call Autoglass for a fill to prevent a crack appearing. Repair booked for the next day as couldn't make it due to work commitments that particular day.

Driving home that warm evening from work, after the Zed had been sitting in the sun all day, I turned the Aircon on..........BIG MISTAKE :scare: all of a sudden from behind the mirror a crack proceeded to work its way down the windscreen and reached the base of the screen within 30 seconds......gutted!!!

Anyway onto the replacement......Autoglass came to my place of work and the technician was very helpful....only issue was that even after I advised Autoglass over the phone that they would need a new rubber seal (knowledge gained from a previous windscreen replacement 6 months ago where the old seal was used with the new windscreen with horrendous aesthetic results) and on arrival it was very clear that they had no intention of providing a new seal and would try to utilise the old seal for a 2nd time!!!

I refused the replacement and told the technician to resolve my issue immediately. After agreeing with my view, the technician arrnaged for the replacement and new seal to be completed the next day. Unfortunatley my car was in for it's MOT and service the next day but he actually communicated with my local garage allowing him to conduct the replacement at their premises so at this stage I was relatively happy with the service.

Obviously car wouldnt pass MOT until screen was replaced so this was completed and I presumed all would be fine. Now I'm a bit fussy when it comes to the condition of my Zed and I take real pride in it's appearance. Clearly even after communicating this to the technician......HE DIDNT GIVE A DAMN! :angry:

When I collected the Zed I couldnt believe the sate he had left it........the screen was covered in a sticky solution (seems like he went to clean the screen after installation but couldnt be bothered) couldnt even see out to drive home! The inside was just littered with rubber cuttings, pieces of a sticker that may have been the windscreen coding or barcoding, my bluetooth aerial was chipped and hanging from its roof mounting as oppossed to be attached to the screen and then to top it off there was tobacco everwhere.....dirty b***ard!!!

Not impressed at all.......I'm sure my insurance company probably paid a fair wack for that job to be completed and I had to pay them the £65 excess for some tool to make my clean Zed a total mess.

Sorry, rant over!!!