interior door handles

rob d

I am trying to get my switch covers off. I have popped off the pad section that seems to hold the switch panel down, but it wont come off ! I am loath to pull at it and cant seem to find a f*ckw*tz guide on what to look for.

Any suggestions ?

I am trying to get my switch covers off. I have popped off the pad section that seems to hold the switch panel down, but it wont come off ! I am loath to pull at it and cant seem to find a f*ckw*tz guide on what to look for.

Any suggestions ?

I think there is a screw or something holding it down, just underneath it.... Not sure

driver side there is a screw under a small pop up cover in the bottom of the handle, pop this out and the cover will come off, i don't believe you need to remove the padded bit.

passenger side you need to remove the handle by unbolting the two bolts inside the handle.

I agree with husky you don't need to take the padded bit off,done this job a few weeks ago,drivers side.

Pop off the plastic round cover thingy in the well of the handle, take out the screw holding it down, the whole top half of the arm can now be eased off and all the switches can be unclipped from the arm. Simples.

i know !!!! it's driving me feckin bonkers :rant:

I am going to try and 'encourage' the plate up. No one seems to know so in we go....

I will post my tears/results later.

All this to do some wrapping ! I aint even started that laugh yet...... :scare:

ok a bit of bravery and a small amount of damage :scare:

I levered the switch plate up using a terminal driver, just edging it up all along. Then POP it was off !

I recommend unclipping the switch units rather than disconnecting the loom as they have to come off anyway.

As for wrapping, blimmin fiddly but quite pleased with the result. I might strip and redo at a later date but good for now.

Not sure how to wrap the switch wells......

Ok what else can i mess about with....... :p