Oil pressure question

ByteJuggler

Hello everyone!

Well I'm still grinning as wide as ever. :D:teeth::yahoo: Thoroughly enjoying getting to know my Black Panther. :cloud9: *However* I've got a quick question which I'm hoping someone can comment on that'll save me reading the entire manual (I've briefly looked but found nothing) or calling the dealer. I've noticed that as the miles pile on (about 400 now), the low (idling) oil pressure reading seems to be becoming lower and lower and lower and... Currently, at idle (when warm) the pressure guage reads (estimated) 15... Is this normal? While driving the pressure seems to average around 60.

(Irrelevant banter: Put a tank full of V-Power in last night. Whoo! Average mpg according the to dash is about 22mpg! Whoo! )

Idles at just under the 1/4 mark. average driving see's it at half. Spirited stuff well up the guage and a quick blast on start up - not recommended of course - see's it right up at the top.

It was noticably higher just after the oil change but it has settled down a little again now.

Ming the Happy