Scuffed wing-mirrors (pictures included)

ZedMeister

I bought my Zed about 2 weeks ago, everything perfect, only imperfection was a scuff mark on either wing mirror, do you guys know anything that I could go out touching this up nicely? If it costs monies then so be it but cheaper DIY methods the better, heres what I'm dealing with.

1000137t.jpg

1000139.jpg

£78 sounds good to me although I'd whip both off and respray myself but then I have a little bit of experience and good results of spray painting. As they are quite small they are excellent candidates for spraying yourself.

You need to prep them properly - sanding with fine wet and dry. Fill and marks, then sand again. Then paint in very thin coats (don't want drips etc). Lastly lacquer coating in fine coats again. Any blemishes between coats can be removed using fine wet and dry. Finally polish for perfect finish - autoglym super resin might do the job once the paint has hardened for a few days. Just take your time and don't rush any stage.

If you c*ck it all up, get it done for £78.

If you don't c*ck it up, then enjoy your work and be happy :)

Either way, be happy :D

PS - you're not daft. You bought a car that you wanted to enjoy. So why not keep it in tip top condition. They're just jealous because they wish they could afford to run a car like the Z - perhaps?

:teeth:

Thanks for the advice, don't know if I'm confident enough with your suggestion so may as well go with the 78, cheers lad.