Clutch slipping at < 30k miles?

LordGrover

I've had a search on slipping clutch and most seem to be at +60k miles.

I fear mine may be slipping with 29,000 miles on the clock. Oddly, it seems to be intermittent - typically okay but on the odd occasion, when I've caught it by surprise, I'm pretty sure it's slipping. By surprise, I mean cruising at say 40-50mph in fifth or sixth and changing down to third to overtake, dropping the clutch and I get plenty of revs but a definite lag before drive picks up properly - IYSWIM.

I've just seen a few threads suggesting pulling away in third as a quick and dirty test but I'm in the office so won't get a chance to try it till 1700.

Is it feasible that a MY06 2007 car with less than 30,000 miles needs a clutch?

It may be the case that it does require a clutch although only done 30k. I all depends on the previous owner and how the car has been driven.

A common way to tell but not conclusive is to put it in 5/6 gear leave the handbrkae on and lift the clutch slowly. If the revs drop off and tries to stawl then it's pretty much ok. If the clutch is slipping you will be able to tell by the way the rev counter reacts.

Hope this helps.