ICE installer in Surrey?

Try Mike (can't remember his trading name) on 07851115590.

He gave me a hand when I got confused with my upgrade and comes highly recommended from a friend who had a shedload of work done by him.

IIRC he lives somewhere near Redhill but covers all over the shop.

i know a really good guy in the northeast.

well worth the drive up to get him to do it in my opinion. depends what you want doing though

Just want to replace the Bose unit with something I can use an ipod with, maybe touch screen. Not really sure yet. I'm just really worried about someone messing up the interior and doing a bodge job.

I spoke with Brian at length about what I wanted and he seemed to know his stuff.

The main reason I didn't use him in the end was that he couldn't be clear on a price. I would be told one thing in the morning then a higher price in the afternoon then an even higher price the following day, all without the requirements changing and each rise came after a promise to try to get me a better deal with the manufacturers.

From what I understand his work is good but I just started to feel I was getting the runaround.

I spoke with Brian at length about what I wanted and he seemed to know his stuff.

The main reason I didn't use him in the end was that he couldn't be clear on a price. I would be told one thing in the morning then a higher price in the afternoon then an even higher price the following day, all without the requirements changing and each rise came after a promise to try to get me a better deal with the manufacturers.

From what I understand his work is good but I just started to feel I was getting the runaround.

Thanks for that. He's local so I'll pop down today and suss him out. At least I can get an idea of what's available.

the bose head unit can be "hacked" to use your ipod with it.

you can either get the module to swap over from R35LEE or there is a guide on doing the hack yourself.

if you want a full audio install i will be posting up all the details of mine in the next few weeks and can put you in touch with the guy who did it if you wanna spend a bit more money.

I had a chat with Brian's in Coulsdon. Think I'm going to go for the Alpine ixa-W407BT.

Unfortunately they didn't have the correct facia in stock. Obviously it's a square-ish facia but the oe one is curved, as in; it bowes outward, does anyone know if the Alpine one is the same or is it just flat which will leave a lip top and bottom?

I also forgot to ask them if the 407 has a removable face, I would've thought so, but does anyone know?

Cheers, Mark.

Well I ended up going with a recommended (by a good friend/auto electrician) local guy, Ian from Quatum, Garth Rd. Really nice guy. He did a really good, quick install. Very pleased with his work. He has to come back to fit a new facia plate as the one supplied was a crap fit, but I kind of expected that.

I've gone for the Alpine ixa-w407bt. It's going to take some getting used to but seems ok. Bit disappointed that it doesn't (seem to) have the automatic sound level adjustment that all my previous stereos have had, and what ever happened to face off HUs? Looks like an easy theft to me!

But it works well for what I want and you can build on it too with sat-nav etc.

Now I just need a week in a darkened room to read the instruction CD :yawn:

I'd be interested to see a picture of your fascia plate B)

Well I ended up going with a recommended (by a good friend/auto electrician) local guy, Ian from Quatum, Garth Rd. Really nice guy. He did a really good, quick install. Very pleased with his work. He has to come back to fit a new facia plate as the one supplied was a crap fit, but I kind of expected that.

I've gone for the Alpine ixa-w407bt. It's going to take some getting used to but seems ok. Bit disappointed that it doesn't (seem to) have the automatic sound level adjustment that all my previous stereos have had, and what ever happened to face off HUs? Looks like an easy theft to me!

I'd be interested to see a picture of your fascia plate B)

I'll have to wait 'til he's back from Le Mans now as it didn't turn up today. But I'll let him off as it's Le Mans :teeth: